IMDB Scrapping Failure (Well Known Movies)
I'm finding a lot of well known movies won't scrap when I use IMDB.

The Proposal
Precious
Hitman
etc.

These are all pretty well known movies and popular movie titles. Thus there are a LOT of entries under these movie titles, EXCEPT, the most popular one. When I do a manual query it won't work either. Am I doing something wrong or is the IMDB scrapper just not as good as the TMDB scrapper. I really want all the info I possibly can get and IMDB delivers that but if it's at the expense of not even being able to tell the name of popular movies then I don't know. Any help would be great!
I would like to add

Prometheus
Paul
And a couple others that was working previously, there also seems to be (i) in these titles which might be the issue
I tried everything to get them to add and it didn't work. I agree, the (i) is probably w hat is messing it up as a LOT Of movies have this. Most of these movies had multiple releases in the same year with the same name. Funny enough, all of the obscure ones with little to no information show up, but the popular one doesn't. As of now I am using TMDB with imdb ratings but imdb still is my number one choice. I would look more into fixing the problem, but I really am a noobie and don't even know where to begin.
Having looked at the code, it seems like it should be an easy fix, just adding something like [^)]* to the regexps in GetSearchResults seems to work (just after where the year ([0-9]{4}) is captured). Might be more involved than that, though, I don't know.

Of course even with that, there's no guaranteeing that the right film will get picked, since obviously there are multiple identically titled films with the same year, so you could well still have to manually fix some of them.
That's what I'm saying though. Maybe you mean manually as in manually add in the data or something(well beyond me), but when I hit refresh and look at the list the most OBVIOUS result isn't there. I'm confused as to how when I search Precious, it finds everything on the website, other than the top result. That's very counter intuitive.
(2012-11-23, 17:00)tential Wrote: That's what I'm saying though. Maybe you mean manually as in manually add in the data or something(well beyond me), but when I hit refresh and look at the list the most OBVIOUS result isn't there. I'm confused as to how when I search Precious, it finds everything on the website, other than the top result. That's very counter intuitive.

It's not counter intuitive; this is due to a bug which has been introduced by me at the latest update and will be fixed.
Ha I didn't mean it was your intention to make it counter intuitive. Clearly no one would actually code it on purpose to ignore the top result. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I was naming the files wrong and was freaking out trying to edit their names to make the appropriate movies come up in the query.

In your opinion is it better to use the IMDB scrapper or the TMDB scrapper? I didn't even notice much of a difference when I switched back to TMDB with the IMDB ratings in it. Then again, I'm still a noob and probably am missing things.
The flagship of the scrapers is the Universal Scraper (however that is also impacted with the same bug at the moment).
I am trying to fix this today.
Hi there - i have 2 different installatiions - one with Frodo Alpha6 and a new one with plain Frodo Beta 1 Installation.
Same movie Folders do not recognize a lot of my movies too.
Would you put an Info here, when it' s fixed, and will it be published in Frodo Update automatically?
Thanks
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
This should be fixed by now. Yes, it should update automatically. In case not, use force refresh from the context menu on the team-xbmc repo.
I still run the Eden version of XBMC. I have tried to match the movie 10 Years without any luck. Have tried to do a manual search for "10 years (2011)", "10 years", "10" and "years". Even tried to search for just "yes". But it it just search for a second and returns to the serarch window where I can manually type what to search for.

What is the problem here?

And yes, I have tried to make a forced refresh of the XBMC repo.
i seem to be having problems to.

Movies are missing when using the universal scrapper but its all ok when i use the moviedb scrapper?

It was all working ok last week, same movies that dont work now.

Thanks for any help

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
I was trying to add Prometheus (2012) but universal scrapper failed to fetch the correct information. Then I changed the scrapper to TMDb and it worked.
Thanks for your reply. Well, I have been happy with the IMDB scrapper and would actually like to continue to use it if possible.

So is someone looking at the actual error or can tell my what I'm doing wrong? Not that I don't appreciate telling me about workarounds (I really do), but I was hoping to find an actual solution/explanation for the issue.
The search page on the iMDB site was changed and the iMDB scraper is broken as a result. I don't know how complex the fix is or how long it will take, but hopefully it can be fixed soon. The iMDB scraper is by far the best (IMHO).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB Scrapping Failure (Well Known Movies)1