Win Boblight for Windows (install and configure)
(2014-08-10, 20:51)Kdekraker Wrote: I've got everything up and running!
But everytime I restart my HTPC de Arduino Uno loses its sketch, thus requiring to upload the sketch everytime I start the system.
Meaning I need to open Arduino IDE and upload the sketch every single time!!

Is there any way to make the Arduino Uno remember its sketch?

Unfortunately, I have also done this.
I have to do this as well
Could anyone give me a hand with this ? Ive created a boblight.conf file using http://www.tweaking4all.com/home-theatre...11-ws2812/ (Mirror-)

The strip is working (lighting up) but I cant get boblightd to work under Windows 8 x64

I have Kodi and the Boblight Addon , it offers to install binaries and Im assuming fails.
I manually downloaded the Boblight files and put them in C:\Boblight , ran the .exe that dissapeared and Kodi still won't talk to it.

Do I need to add it as a service ?
Hi, firstly thanks to quixand for the guide, however I did have to so something slightly different to get it running on my particular htpc (Windows 7 x64, XBMC 13.2).

So basically I followed the steps which got me as far as the primary colours cycle when the boblightd.bat is run, the XBMC addon said it had connected, but no lights came on during starting XBMC or playing a movie.

What I did find was this thread from the adafruit forum:
https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph...2&start=30

Some changes were made to the LEDstream.pde on the arduino and to the conf file for boblight:

Modified LEDstream.pde is here from the adafruit tapoic above: http://pastebin.com/gfz7ancR

Conf settings:
PHP Code:
[global]
interface   
port      19333

[device]
name      ambilight
output      
/dev/com3
channels        150
type            atmo
interval        10000
prefix          FF
rate            115200 

Note the prefix is FF for all numbers of LEDs but still change the channels as per the OP in thread. Just keep the other settings as above and the rest of the conf file as per the OP instructions.

Hopefully this might help others searching for a solution as I was...
(2015-01-18, 09:47)Bcini Wrote:
(2014-08-10, 20:51)Kdekraker Wrote: I've got everything up and running!
But everytime I restart my HTPC de Arduino Uno loses its sketch, thus requiring to upload the sketch everytime I start the system.
Meaning I need to open Arduino IDE and upload the sketch every single time!!

Is there any way to make the Arduino Uno remember its sketch?

Unfortunately, I have also done this.

Yea, so I had it all sorted but also have this issue upon restarting the PC..

Not at my PC now but just found this (very similar) thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=151559
Using Kodi with AmbiBox on my Windows 7 machine so far. Perfect solution until i updated my kodi from 15 to 16.
No i have skipped frames and want to switch to boblight.

I have a sedu board and 68 leds, set the jumper for 500.000 baud. I created a conf file and start the batch.
Connection successfull. But if i play a movie (or tv) lights are off and after 10 seconds i get an error:
cdevicers232 ERROR: ambilight /dev/com3 permission denied

If i set debug=on i can see the info for each led, seems okay.
But leds are off. Also i cant see the led check at the beginning.

Maybe someone has an idea to solve this problem?

Edit
Solved. Switch the SEDU board from USB3 -> USB2
Hi guys,
I'm new to Boblight.
Currently running an Adalight build with Arduino Uno (as per Adafruit's instructible).
I've been using Ambibox with the Kodi plugin so far, but apparently the latest version of Kodi (Krypton) is no longer compatible with the method that the Ambibox plugin extracts color info for its zones.

Can anyone confirm if Boblight is unaffected by these changes in the latest Kodi version?

Also, does anyone have an alternative setup file for boblightd? I downloaded the one in the OP, but Windows 10 is telling me that this program was not made for this version of windows and it refuses to open it (using Windows 10 64bit).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Does anyone have a new download link for windows? cant find the deamon on the internet

EDIT: found a link which also works

http://www.blinkstick.com/system/release...-0.1.zip18
After upgrade my theater PC from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and Kodi from 16.1 to latest stable 17.6 i get into troubles because of boblight plugin in Kodi. Everthing is working fine until I run some interlaced video (e.g. 1080 50i DVD/AVCHD etc.). By those videos are screen very fast flickering with green colour. (like every second frame is fullscreen green)
If i switch the boblight plugin off, flickering is away.
Do you have some simillar experinece? (My setup is Asrock Intel Atom 3150, latest graphic drivers)

Thank you for some hints..
@jtietz

You need to post that in the thread for the Add-on, not in General help
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boblight for Windows (install and configure)2