A10-5800k overheating problem
Hya,

Just recently I have build a HTPC with AMD a10-5800k and with big shuriken 2.
but it looks like it is overheating... 74C !?!?.. I opened case, everything looks alright.. Is there anything I could ?
screenshot of prime95 and cpuid attached is here -> http://imgur.com/IJfUU

thanks
siulas
Your CPUTIN is at 39c (CPU)... is the 74c for the cpu cores? what does CPUID say at the bottom?
Well, I thought that under AMD A10-5800k packages->temperatures is actual CPU temp..
If it isn't then I need to figure out what is going on with my htpc as it keeps freezing..

EDIT: If under packages->temperatures is not CPU temp then which part of motherboard temp is being shown there?
If I remember correctly, you have ML03B case and AsRock mobo. If you have not done it, you can select "Cool N' Quiet" option, set fan level to 2 and CPU target temp to 50 degrees celcius in bios....

If it is still overheating, you can install a couple of this silent case fan- SilenX EFX-08-12 80mm Case Fan ...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
i'm thinking just return motherboard and cpu and get i3-3225 instead.. I do not think it is worth hassle,..
(2012-11-23, 11:52)siulas Wrote: i'm thinking just return motherboard and cpu and get i3-3225 instead.. I do not think it is worth hassle,..
Have you try AsRock latest 1.80 bios "FM2A75 Pro4-M"? You can disable CPU Turbo option in bios too.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I was also using the ASrock FM2 Mini itx board, and upgrading to v1.80 BIOS improved my cpu temps dramatically.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A10-5800k overheating problem0