[FRODO] Not reading logo.png from folder anymore?
I've been reading about the new way that Thumbs are handled and I get that, but what about logos? I use logos for my TV shows and I have a logo.png in each of my show folders. XBMC 12 doesn't seem to read any of them (the previous version did) and the only way I was able to get logos to show was to use the artwork downloader plugin. The problem is that I have some shows which don't have logos available for download, but I made my own so I have a local file that I want XBMC to use, but it doesn't. Is there no way to get it to?

I've tried check the "use local art" option in the artwork downloader plugin, but it doesn't seem to do the trick either. From what I see in the the thread for that plugin, the author acknowledges that it doesn;t work but says it will take a lot of work to fix it. So who knows if that ever gets fixed.

I went to fanart.tv and tried to upload the logos I have for the shows that don't have any, but they were rejected. While they may not be good enough for them, they are more than adequate for my needs and are certainly better than no logo at all. So I would really like to be able to use them.
Xbmc never supported logos
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-23, 19:23)Martijn Wrote: Xbmc never supported logos

Are you saying XBMC doesn't do any handling of the logo? I thought they were stored in the textures db though? I remember changing a few logos a while back and I had to delete the textures db to get the new ones to show. It was upgrading versions of XBMC that made it stop working for me.
(2012-11-23, 19:29)RockDawg Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 19:23)Martijn Wrote: Xbmc never supported logos

Are you saying XBMC doesn't do any handling of the logo? I thought they were stored in the textures db though? I remember changing a few logos a while back and I had to delete the textures db to get the new ones to show. It was upgrading versions of XBMC that made it stop working for me.

Hey man. I found this link and it solved my problem completely. Just be sure to check the "Use local files" in the ArtworkDownloader addon...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154680 (Edited Post with Correct URL...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO] Not reading logo.png from folder anymore?0