WIP Will all these item fit in this build?
I'm trying to put together my first htpc and need some help. I have to ship everything to a military address overseas so I want to make sure everything will fit together because sending it back would be a pita. Also, since it's my first try I don't want to forget anything or go overkill. I've tried looking through some of the links for other builds here but something is always sold out so I tried to find comparable items.

APEX MI-008 Case

G.Skill ripjaws 8gb ram

Biostar TH61 mobo

Intel i3 cpu

Cougar 120mm silent fan
All those should work good. I don't know what your requirements are, but you could skimp on the processor a little bit. For instance the Celeron G530 will do 1080p playback just fine.

Seeing as it would be almost impossible to RMA something from an APO, you might consider buying another brand other than Biostar as the reviews for them tend to have more DOA's than other brands. Here is the one I am buying:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813157310

One last thing, the 120mm fan might be too big to fit on the side of that case. Take that with a grain of salt though, as I am just guessing. I have the same one at home, but I too am overseas right now or else I would check for you. You could get two 80mm fans and try mounting them side-by-side.
The 120mm fan snaps into the side of the case no problem.
(2012-11-24, 17:38)Dougie Fresh Wrote: The 120mm fan snaps into the side of the case no problem.

Just what I was going to say. I recently built my HTPC with this fan: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835226043
It snaps right into either side.

It looks just like this one.
HTPC: ASRock B75M-ITX LGA | Intel i-3 3.3GHZ | 4GB | Samsung SSD + WD 2TB x2
Well there you have it. Smile Thanks for clearing that up guys.
Thanks for the reply, it would really suck to get everything over here and then have it not fit. I'll take your advice on the mb, I only picked the Biostar because it said it supported blu-ray audio, but the Asrock should as well, right? I went with the i3 HD4000 cpu in case I wanted to add some emulators down the line or some older pc games.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will all these item fit in this build?0