HDMI Sound help
Running under Windows 7
My HTPC (Asus P8H77-M Pro) with Realtek ALC 892 8Channel HD Audio is connected by HDMI to my AV Amp (Yamaha Z7)which in turn connects to my Samsung TV.
On checking my sound properties in windows it reports that the "Digital Audio HDMI" connection is unpluggedHuh And the Samsung is marked as plugged in. Both show as 2 channels.
I am not sure what I should expect but I would expect it reporting 8 channels (7.1) or should I be coming out of another port to get the most from the built in sound or perhaps buy a separate sound card.
Can anyone help/advise??
(2012-11-24, 20:13)Davidja Wrote: Running under Windows 7
My HTPC (Asus P8H77-M Pro) with Realtek ALC 892 8Channel HD Audio is connected by HDMI to my AV Amp (Yamaha Z7)which in turn connects to my Samsung TV.
You have a powerful HTPC and AVR. You should be able to bitstreaming HD audio with ease. You can check out my instructions in SETUP section of this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi Blu,
My processor is IvyBridge (i3 3225). As suggested I uninstalled the Realtek driver first then tried using the AMD Driver detect to get the right software version but it did not find a compatible driver.
Can you advise?
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Sound help0