TV Library Empty After Restarting AppleTV
Setup: XBMC Eden on ATV 1 under OS X

Problem: Restarted the AppleTV, launched XBMC, and the TV Library is empty. I choose TV Shows from the main menu, and a blank list comes up. Hitting the left arrow doesn't bring up the settings panel. The problem is not that "Hide Watched" is selected.

The movies library works as it did before.

If I choose "Recently Added" under TV Shows from the main menu, it does display the most recently downloaded shows.

If I choose Movies -> Files from the main menu and choose one of the TV Show sources, all of the tv shows are still there. Watched shows are marked as watched, and unwatched shows are marked as unwatched. I can play tv shows from here.

I tried cleaning the Library. No change.

Tried removing a TV Source and adding it back and re-scraping. No change.

The shows are there, all the show info is there, but they don't appear in the TV Shows Library.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

debug log (wiki) needed. Could be a corrupt setting file or something.
(2012-11-25, 02:55)Ned Scott Wrote: debug log (wiki) needed. Could be a corrupt setting file or something.

Here's the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15486

Thanks1
I think I found the problem:

Code:
09:28:18 T:61307904   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
                                            Query: SELECT count(1) FROM tvshowview LIMIT 1
09:28:18 T:61307904   ERROR: GetSingleValue - failed to get value 'count(1)' from table 'tvshowview'

Is the database fixable, or will I need to toss it and rescrape everything. I hope option 1. Thanks![/code][/quote]
You might be able to salvage the movies data, but probably not the TV data. Go into Settings/Videos/Library (wiki) -> Export library and select single file. Anything that XBMC is still able to read from the DB will be exported to this file.

Then go into the userdata (wiki) folder and then into the database folder. You'll find a MyVideos60.db file, which is the corrupt file. Simply delete it and XBMC will create a fresh one.

Go into Settings/Videos/Library (wiki) -> Import library and open up the folder that XBMC made that contains the xml file (it won't show the xml file in xbmc's interface, but you will be able to open the folder) and then select "okay".

Then you'll have a working library database with as much data that was able to be recovered, which sounds like just the movies. So you'll probably have to rescrape the TV shows.

The library corruption can be caused by various things. Normally it's caused by XBMC shutting down suddenly (either powering down or crashing because of a bug, etc). If you ever want to power off your ATV1 then you should tell XBMC to exit or quit before powering it off, so that you know XBMC isn't accessing the DB file. Think of it like safely removing a USB drive from a computer, where you have to eject it first.
That fixed the problem.

The AppleTV had frozen, so I had to force restart it. That's probably why the DB was corrupted.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Library Empty After Restarting AppleTV0