Win XBMC Command Sender
Hey guys well i felt i may as well release this, its nothing special yet but does what i wanted it to do

XBMC Command Sender

Summary

this is a simple program that lets you send actions for xbmc via json using command line arguments,
e.g. XBMCCommandSender.exe VideoLibrary.Scan

I created this purely for Allway sync which allows you to rnu custom actions after sync, so i set it so it will sync and once done it will load this application with the argument to update the video library.

Requires NET Framework 4.0 since it uses JSON functions.

Features
  • Send command to xbmc via json-rpc using command line
  • easy to configure GUI
  • Simple but effective for what i created for it

Usage

Code:
This application uses arguments to send various actions to XBMC
Currently there is no GUI except the configuration GUI.

This application uses JSON so you will need to allow HTTP Control in XBMC
(Settings > Services > WebServer >  Allow Control of XBMC via HTTP)

You will then need to add your XBMC Details below
(XBMC IP, XBMC Port, XBMC WebUI Username and Password)

P.S since last time i released software for a community (XBian) I was accused for stealing code, so therefore i would like to state that this is all my code and i worked on it for a fair few hours and that i am the owner of cyanlabs.co.uk

This application is designed to be run via another application such as "Allway Sync"
(You can set it to run "filename.exe --update-video-library" when sync is finished)

Currently it only supports XBMC JSON actions which don't require parameters
(This is likely to be added at a later date)

So Finally, To run this you simply create a shortcut or run it via cmd like this...
"PROGRAM LOCATION\XBMCCommandSender.exe" ACTION

Example - Updating Video Library (Frodo)
XBMCCommandSender.exe VideoLibrary.Scan

Example - Pressing Back Button
XBMCCommandSender.exe Input.Back

You can find a list of actions that can be used from the link below
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSON-RPC_API

Download
Version 1.0

Virus Total
https://www.virustotal.com/file/f1e3b764...353797004/

Before thinking this is easy to make etc... please be aware that i had no idea what JSON was until today and definitely didn't know how to use it in .NET
fma965, does your tool allow for an action to be executed in the background (say, background update library) while XBMC is playing videos? (Not that it wouldn't be a wonderful tool if the answer is no.)
Using skins: customized Xonfluence, Unity, Amber, Estuary.
(2012-12-16, 14:08)DiMag Wrote: fma965, does your tool allow for an action to be executed in the background (say, background update library) while XBMC is playing videos? (Not that it wouldn't be a wonderful tool if the answer is no.)

what it does is executes any command you want by adding it to the exe like stated above, you could make it so it was scheduled to run using windows task scheduler or manually or via another program,

if you mean can "you" manually make it rescan while its playing videos or something yes just launch it like this
Code:
"PROGRAM LOCATION\XBMCCommandSender.exe" VideoLibrary.Scan

unfortunatly i lost my source code during a screw up in windows Big Grin so i will have to start from scratch if were to add more to this, therefore this is most likely dead.
(2012-12-16, 14:57)fma965 Wrote: unfortunatly i lost my source code during a screw up in windows Big Grin so i will have to start from scratch if were to add more to this, therefore this is most likely dead.

You can always use a decompiler to retrieve your code from the executable. Have a look at .Net Reflector and/or Telerik JustDecompile.

The code will not be 100% like your original code, but it will be very close to it. Mostly just different variable names etc.
(2012-12-21, 21:13)hagur Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 14:57)fma965 Wrote: unfortunatly i lost my source code during a screw up in windows Big Grin so i will have to start from scratch if were to add more to this, therefore this is most likely dead.

You can always use a decompiler to retrieve your code from the executable. Have a look at .Net Reflector and/or Telerik JustDecompile.

The code will not be 100% like your origina

l code, but it will be very close to it. Mostly just different variable names etc.

hi yes thanks, i have tried this before i think but didn't turn out well Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Command Sender0