Frodo beta 1 or thumbs.issues detected
installed beta 1 Frodo on 2 x windows pcs today and tested .

first thing evident is that the shared library isn't displaying dvd covers for some reason on the last hdd in edit source list during fie mode.

ie, I have multiple drives setup as source in file mode. when I browse to the large icon, its blank, if I select info, I can see the meta data with cover etc, but when I select the back key, the cover is back to being blank.

to browse to the file in library mode, the cover is displayed fine.

also, the local pc to where files are physically located has covers working fine, and the source is smb:\\ type.

all pcs are using MySQL library sharing, and all use path substitution for thumbs

another strange issue, is again with file mode;
the same selected source on one pc shows 1327 items, another pc shows 1346 item, and a wifi connected windows pc(this one is still running nightly from weeks ago) shows 1499 items??

at this stage, I think all content is playable.

I hope this helps,
Dam0
1. Quit all instances of XBMC.

2. In the MySQL utility drop the MyVideos72 DB

3. pick one XBMC box to do the initial thumbs update on. On this box to go your userdata folder (wiki) and inside the Database folder make sure there is no "Textures13.db" file. If there is, delete it.

4. Use a nightly build (wiki) of XBMC, which at this point is Beta1+ all bug fixes leading to Beta2 (there were some bugs related to thumbs being updated, and a nightly will have those fixes). For this specific issue you really only need to update your first XBMC box to a nightly, since it still uses the same video DB as normal Beta 1, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to update all of them to the latest nightly so they all have the latest fixes. Nightly builds are actually the most stable builds right now, because only bug fixes go in each day.

5. Open XBMC on your first box/computer and say yes when it asks to update art.

6. Copy your pathsubstituted thumbnails folder onto all XBMC boxes, replacing the local thumbnails folder in the userdata (wiki) folder. (You can get rid of the video/ and music/ sub-folders if you want, as those specific files aren't used anymore but are left behind).

7. On the first XBMC box go into userdata/database/ and copy the "Textures13.db" file to the same location on all the other XBMC boxes.

8. Remove path substitution for thumbnails from the advancedsettings.xml file of each XBMC box.

and you should be good to go. From that point on, XBMC will sync art/thumbs directly to each XBMC box, but will keep them in sync (whereas before XBMC would only add art on one box, and boxes could have different artwork if set manually). Having the thumbnails folder locally on each box will also speed up loading the library, and what art to use is stored in the videos DB that MySQL is already sharing.
thx for the prompt reply Ned,

I had a play around with the edit source tabs, and discovered that for some reason Frodo requires case sensitive path names given in the edit source tab to be able to display the dvd covers.

regardless, I will follow your instructions for correct Frodo+ library integration.

regards,
Dam0
Hi all
i never had need to ask because this forum and wiki are "the guide" but this time..

i followed your suggestion Ned and solved the issue for movie poster import in frodo.

but as for TV show the issue is still there: if i check inside the show i can see the "current thumbs" as i setted in eden, but i do not show it in "wide icons"

the strange thing is that if i go files-> videos and clicj on one of my shared folders they are there and the visualization is perfect!

i know that this is a beta and WIP but i thought this can help !

thanks
i followed your steps outlined ned, but things didnt go so well.

when i opened xbmc after deleting the videos72.db and the textures13, xbmc failed to prompt to look for images. instead i had to rescan my entire library:-(

im rescanning the items atm. i can confirm though, that the movie count for each source link appears to reflect what id expect.

regards,
Dam0
Dam0: This is because you had something > v63 video database in place. It was v63 where the trigger for art updating was set.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo beta 1 or thumbs.issues detected 0