Wanting to do some stuff with playlists...
Hi guys, I want to create some playlists to sort of behave like tv shows but not quite...

I have custom nfo files I have made myself which I don't want to be scraped from any database.
I don't want to add the files as a show or a movie. I don't want it to appear in the movies/tv shows section basically...how do I do this?
Then I want to create smart playlists to find what I want from it and add it to my home menu sort of....

I want my home menu to be like this "Custom Videos". Then under it, it will have say 4 options "custom videos 1" "custom videos 2" "custom videos 3" "custom videos 4"
If I click the main button "Custom Videos" it will show those 4 options in like a list, how do I do that?
The "custom videos 1-4" I want to open up a list of playlists. So if I click "custom videos 1" it will show a list of playlists such as "playlist 1" "playlist 2" etc etc
Then those play lists will have the files I want to play...

I'm not sure I have explained this that well, if you need clarification please ask, i'll try to explain it a bit better.

Had a thought, for the menu item, can it be a playlist that shows playlists? If that makes sense? Like can a playlist contain playlists?

Here's what you do, scan them into the library anyways. Don't think of "movies" and "TV shows" as movies and TV shows, but rather two types of content. One is standalone (movies) and the other is series content (tv shows). Then grab skin that allows for custom menu items and disable the default "movies" and "tv show" buttons. Replace them with playlists that exclude the content you don't want to see in "movies" and "tv shows". This way you get all the menu items you want and have them working how you want, but with all the meta data and making it a lot easier (since you can use smart playlists (wiki) for the custom menus, which are a lot faster than making manual menus).

Most skins that allow for custom menu items (like Transparency) will do exactly what you described, using playlists and custom menu buttons.

Not sure about a playlist being a list of playlists, though.
If I make a smart playlist for tv shows that exclude the things I don't want in there would it work with the all in one feature? (The thing that makes recently added episodes appear, the widget)

I use Aeon MQ4. For future reference.

That all seems like quite possible and easy. So I may end up doing that.

What I now need is just the playlist in playlist type thing.

Also is there any program out there that would let me mass edit selected nfo files...just to change one thing in their field? e.g. If I wanted to change all the season numbers to something I could....so it would replace the "1" in <season>1</season> with my value.
Hmm, not sure about the widgets. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that. It might need a little modification, but I'm not sure what would be needed.
Hmm maybe I can do what you said with tv shows being in a smart playlist but exclude all other tv shows and then it would kind of do what I want?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wanting to do some stuff with playlists...0