Frodo and PVR client addon missing
Hi all,

I am having trouble installing the pvr client addon and would appreciate any help.
I have upgraded my xbmc eden to frodo beta 1 by adding the new ppa as per xbmc website then doing an apt-get install update and finally apt-get install xbmc on my ubuntu 12.04 machine.
I then started xbmc and it correctly showed frodo on the logo, then there was a script error "randomitems.py or something like that) and xbmc was loaded fine.
I followed the guide to install mythtv addon but when I go to system->get addons->xbmc.org I can not see the pvr client entry.
And therefore I can not install it.
Any idea why I don't have this entry?
Thanks
you cannot install it from addons repo, because its a binary addon. You must compile it from source.
I'd really love to include it in the xbmc package, but the needed code changes are not accepted in xbmc.
Note the big orange box on the wiki page with instructions. It says that PVR add-ons are not currently in the XBMC.org repo, and then gives a link to where you can download them for the time being.

I think the plan is to eventually have them on the repo, so instructions for that are staged as the guide is a work-in-progress. After reading some stuff today I'm not really sure what's going on with it, but in any case, it is important that you read the full instructions page for PVR (wiki) add-ons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo and PVR client addon missing0