Frodo B1 and mysql: Video library shows on secondary clients but not music.
I'm having a bit of an issue after upgrading my xbmc machines to frodo.

Just to clarify, here's what I did:

1. Had two xbmc Eden boxes, master one had sources mapped locally ex. G:\Albums H:\Television, one upstairs had sources mapped smb://thiscomputer/Albums smb://thiscomputer/Television.

2. Installed mysql on the master and trained both machines to use library sharing. Changed the sources on the master machine to use smb:// instead of G:\. Both machines seemed to be in sync, everything seemed to work fine.

3.) Updated both machines to Frodo (clean install, deleted everything in appdata/roaming/xbmc and installed. After install, dropped in the advancedsettings.xml file with the database info. Re-added the sources in the master machine and re-scanned to library (at this point, I'm assuming I have an Eden and a Frodo database)

Now, on my master machine, the libraries show up as expected, however on the one upstairs, I only see the video library (movies and television) while the music one appears to be empty.

Amg, what have I done?

Edit: I'm an idiot..

Edit2: No, I'm not, it would seem that when I add music to the library, it doesn't actually create a library.
Do you actually see the music database on the MySQL server, and did you check the log's on the slave machine, are there any error messages that might give a clue to why you don't seem to be able to connect to the music database?
(2012-11-26, 16:39)rimster Wrote: Do you actually see the music database on the MySQL server, and did you check the log's on the slave machine, are there any error messages that might give a clue to why you don't seem to be able to connect to the music database?

I have two music databases on the mysql server. I haven't checked any log files yet. Currently, I'm in the process of generating the music library again after dropping both of the music databases from sql.

Hopefully it sticks this time, but it's going to be about 5 hours until it's finished again.

Ok, it seems to be staying now. I guess there's something that prevents Frodo from creating a proper database if there's an Eden one still present. And now for a completely separate problem which probably needs a thread in a different category.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo B1 and mysql: Video library shows on secondary clients but not music.0