Setting external player help needed
Hi All,

I am wanting to use an external player, in this case PowerDVD12, for the lpayback of any 3D mkv files I have. I have done lots of reading and tweeking but so far Ican only get XBMC to say "External Player Active - Press OK when playback has ended"

I see no picture, no sound and if I click ok the message disappears. Nothing else happens.

Below is the code I am using in the playercorefactory.xml file. This file is saved both in ...app data/roaming/xbmc/userdata and the eqivient "My Docs" location in "app data". Any help would be much appreciated.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3D.*" player="PDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks again.
You can check out this thread for more info on external player configurations- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.....

If you have not done it, you need to Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than tru fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for the link. It was that thread that I read to get to where I am now. Can't see any info on my current behaviour.

I have also confirmed the fullscreen setting is correct.

One thing I have seen is the mention of having a bat file as well as the XML. Is this needed,
If so where does it go and what's the required code?

Thanks
Still stuck on this, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
(2012-11-28, 18:05)Coxroach1 Wrote: Still stuck on this, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
You can try the simple codes below. Make sure that your 3d MKV movie is name this way "Avatar 3d". You can set PDVD12 to launch in fullscreen.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3d." player="PDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks for the code.

Do i put this just in the xml or do I need a bat file also?
I have just tried entering the code as posted by bluray.

When I select a 3D movie, named correctly, it sends XBMC to the background and brings all my open windows forward. No sign of powerDVD either launching or as a process within task manager.

Getting very frustrating! :-)
(2012-11-28, 20:35)Coxroach1 Wrote: I have just tried entering the code as posted by bluray.

When I select a 3D movie, named correctly, it sends XBMC to the background and brings all my open windows forward. No sign of powerDVD either launching or as a process within task manager.

Getting very frustrating! :-)
Unfortunately, I don't have PDVD12 to try it for you. I tried the trial version a couple months ago, and it is expired. Just to make sure that playercorefactory.xml file is generate correctly, can you download the file below and save it in your appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata folder-

playercorfactory.xml

I'm trying to do the exact same thing (xbmc + powerdvd12 as external for 3d playback)

I'm running into the same problem.

I've assigned PowerDVD12.exe as the default player for mkv's, so when i launch an mkv file it opens up and plays in PowerDVD in 3D mode and my TV recognizes the signal and turns into 3D mode automatically, so I know it's capable of working. Just can't figure out why it isn't. My installation directory is the same as yours also.

Anxiously looking/waiting for a solution.
If all your files are MKV, you can create the playercorefactory.xml with the codes below-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MKV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MKV_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

-you have to save the playercorefactory.xml in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
-you need to Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than tru fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output
(2012-12-15, 00:46)bluray Wrote: If all your files are MKV, you can create the playercorefactory.xml with the codes below-

I had done exactly that, but like another commenter said, this action only sets xbmc to say press ok when you're done and never actually launches PowerDVD12. I've quadruple checked everything but it never launched PowerDVD. I switched it to launch TMT5 instead and that works, but I have an issue where TMT5 plays full sbs mkvs at half height so I'd rather stick with PowerDVD which doesn't have this issue. I have PowerDVD set as the default player for mkv files, so is it possible to set the playercorefactory.xml to launch the mkv file itself?
(2012-12-15, 21:11)dRuEFFECT Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 00:46)bluray Wrote: If all your files are MKV, you can create the playercorefactory.xml with the codes below-

I had done exactly that, but like another commenter said, this action only sets xbmc to say press ok when you're done and never actually launches PowerDVD12. I've quadruple checked everything but it never launched PowerDVD. I switched it to launch TMT5 instead and that works, but I have an issue where TMT5 plays full sbs mkvs at half height so I'd rather stick with PowerDVD which doesn't have this issue. I have PowerDVD set as the default player for mkv files, so is it possible to set the playercorefactory.xml to launch the mkv file itself?
I am able to install the free trial version of PDVD12 on one of PC. It's very interesting, and I got it to work with the codes below. You can download playercorefactory below and save it in your roaming/xbmc/userdata folder-

playercorefactory.xml

It should playback all your MKV files using PDVD12.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting external player help needed0