First step into xbmc gui developmentI
First of all, i might start a "look over there!!" war here but at this point i really need some assistance. I have been reading http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s_for_XBMC and have grasped the basics about python and the concepts of api and such in XBMC but one thing thas driving my crazy.. were does the files to be put? shall i manually add all the files into the ../script folder? what dependecies, settings etc is needed to have a menu item in the "program" menu to be visible for example "program - my_first_program" and that opens a gui form with buttons text fields ect..

so as it might seem dull for everyone else on this forum, its not as simple to understand how the actuall _file_ placement on the _filesystem_ is done eg some sort of installation 101 guide perhaps. So if someone would be so kind and explain this so i might be able to get some were and actually see the example code from the tutorial been runned, what file do i need to edit to have a menu item under programs, were do i put the files.. i would appricate that very much =) *sorry for any type of spelling error*
Grab an existing addon's zip file and open it up. That should give you a pretty good reference point. For the most part, you need (trailing slash indicates a directory):
Code:
plugin.program.my_first_program/
    resources/
        language/
            english/
                strings.xml
        settings.xml
    addon.xml
    default.py
Zip all that up and let xbmc worry about where to decompress the files to. Install your addon using xbmc's "Install from zip" function. If you try to place the files manually, it might not get registered correctly in xbmc's database

Addon.xml defines the metadata about your plugin, such as the version number, description, extension points (where the addon shows up and what it provides). Keep in mind that the library="" attribute can be used to change the name of the python file which is executed when your plugin is executed (normally default.py)
And also ensure that your addon-id (definied in addon.xml) matches your directory name "plugin.program.my_first_programm" in Bstrdsmkr's example.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First step into xbmc gui developmentI0