Installing this skin in OpenELEC
Modifying the addon.xml file most certainly worked for me Smile Also, I uploaded my file for another member and it worked for him too.

You should be able to get my addon.xml file from this link.

You'll just need to add it to the zipped archive of the Aeon Nox skin that you should have taken from here (replacing the existing addon.xml file).

I hope that works for you Wink

(2012-12-05, 22:21)Scout Wrote: Modifying the addon.xml file most certainly worked for me Smile Also, I uploaded my file for another member and it worked for him too.

You should be able to get my addon.xml file from this link.

You'll just need to add it to the zipped archive of the Aeon Nox skin that you should have taken from here (replacing the existing addon.xml file).

I hope that works for you Wink

It didnt work when using 7-zip to replace the file, it seems like 7-zip messes upp the zip-file

using windows explorer worked like a charm.

thanks !
That's good to hear Wink

No worries.
I've tried unzipping, then zipping in Windows using explorer and winzip, unzipping, zipping in OSX using archive utility and I keep getting the same error in Openelec 3b3 "addons does not have correct structure". I am really not an idiot, but I feel like one. What is the zip file supposed to look like?

Thanks for the help,

Pete
NOTE: Before trying this see the post that follows.

Hi Racer,

I had luck with WinRAR. It allows you to replace the file without restructuring the orginal zip. So, you will need to:

1. Download and instal WinRAR
2. Download the Aeon Nox skin from here
3. Download the working addon.XML file that I uploaded from here
4. Open the Aeon Nox skin with WinRAR (the file extention will be .RAR not .ZIP).
5. Drag and drop in the new addon.XML file that you have taken from step 3 above. Note, it is important that you don't extract or rezip the original downloaed Aeon Nox skin ZIP file. It will not work in XBMC as a RAR archive - you are only using WinRAR to modify the ZIP, not rezip it as a RAR.
6. Close the rar file and reopen it to make sure the new addon.XML file has been successfully included - you can open the addon.XML file from within its RAR archive (the zipped Aeon Nox skin). Check/search - Ctrl+F - to see if the code "script.randomandlastitems" has been removed.
7. Try installing this modified skin through XBMC by going to System/Addons/Get new addons/Install from Zip (or someting to that effect).

I hope this helps.

Let me know how you go.

Hi Racer,

I think something may have changed with the zip file from Github. Changing the addon file is no longer working.

You can download my working Aeon Nox skin from HERE.

This is the one that I originally modified (the addon.xml) and am currently using.

I hope this works. It is a great skin.

Thanks Scout, I am downloading it as I type and will report back.. Thanks again for taking the time to do this.

Pete
Success!!!!
Thanks to Phil65 and Big_Noid for creating the skin I love. I was going crazy with out it in Frodo, thanks Scout Wink

Pete
(2012-12-01, 03:49)Martijn Wrote: It runs fine. Problem is one script is missing in frodo that prevents it from installing. What you could do is edit the addon.xml inside the .zip and remove the line that contains script.randomandlastitems
This should allow it to install using .zip

I've tried that and I get an error message: add-on does not have the correct structure
(2012-12-01, 03:49)Martijn Wrote: It runs fine. Problem is one script is missing in frodo that prevents it from installing. What you could do is edit the addon.xml inside the .zip and remove the line that contains script.randomandlastitems
This should allow it to install using .zip

You could also install the randomandlastitems script from here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122448

I used this link:

http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download....-1.2.5.zip

I just did that and finally got the skin to work
I'm running openELEC 3.0 beta 4
I was getting really nervous looking at Confluence for so long - I really like Aeon Nox Big Grin
Thanks for this thread and all the help here. Got everything working now!

Can now stop puking over Confluence Tongue
(2012-12-10, 21:16)jarlen Wrote: Thanks for this thread and all the help here. Got everything working now!

Can now stop puking over Confluence Tongue

DO NOT make such comments. This is very demotivating for every skinner and you should show some more respect
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-12-07, 04:39)Scout Wrote: NOTE: Before trying this see the post that follows.

Hi Racer,

I had luck with WinRAR. It allows you to replace the file without restructuring the orginal zip. So, you will need to:

1. Download and instal WinRAR
2. Download the Aeon Nox skin from here
3. Download the working addon.XML file that I uploaded from here
4. Open the Aeon Nox skin with WinRAR (the file extention will be .RAR not .ZIP).
5. Drag and drop in the new addon.XML file that you have taken from step 3 above. Note, it is important that you don't extract or rezip the original downloaed Aeon Nox skin ZIP file. It will not work in XBMC as a RAR archive - you are only using WinRAR to modify the ZIP, not rezip it as a RAR.
6. Close the rar file and reopen it to make sure the new addon.XML file has been successfully included - you can open the addon.XML file from within its RAR archive (the zipped Aeon Nox skin). Check/search - Ctrl+F - to see if the code "script.randomandlastitems" has been removed.
7. Try installing this modified skin through XBMC by going to System/Addons/Get new addons/Install from Zip (or someting to that effect).

I hope this helps.

Let me know how you go.

not working for me i get the dependencies not met again now. Tongue Big Grin
The following has been tested on OpenELEC 3.0 Beta 5:

First download the skin and all the dependencies:

- Aeon Nox (link)
- script.module.simplejson (link) (alternative)
- script.randomandlastitems (link) (alternative)
- service.skin.widgets (link) (alternative)

Perform the installation in the following order:
1. script.module.simplejson
2. script.randomandlastitems
3. service.skin.widgets
4. Aeon Nox
5. Restart XBMC

You should now be able to select Aeon Nox.

Note: This procedure requires no modification of the addon.xml file.
Random and last items script is marked as dependencies but it's not Frodo compatible for now.

Martijn has just adapted it but it's not on repo yet.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing this skin in OpenELEC0