Right thumbstick click use
hi all,

i would like to suggest something that i think might be useful. talking for myself, the right thumbstick click which brings the contextual menu (shut down xbox, reboot, etc) is not useful for me.

also, a function that is missing and that i think would be great is to be able to jump to the file explorer from where you are. as an example, let's say that i'm in f:\video\videoclips\ i'm watching some clips, and i would like to rename or delete some files. it would be interesting to use the right thumb click and jump into file explorer in f:\video\videoclips.

i'm not sure i explain clearly enough to show how interesting this could be, it's the same thing as being somewhere in windows and pop the explorer at that right place.

your comments?
eric
hi all,

in this case, it's more a feature removal suggestion. let me give you an example. you're watching a videoclip, and the volume is way too loud, the neighbors will hit the wall if i don't get it down. so, quickly i put the right stick down to lower the volume, but i didn't get the stick exactly down, it also got a little on the right. the result is the clip fast fowards and the volume is unavaible.

also, in my case, as long as the rev/foward control is on the screen i can't play with the volume. so, to finish my example, i still can't lower the volume.

well, my suggestion for this is to simply remove the scan control from the right thumb stick. anyway, i think that it was cool to scan the multimedia file with the triggers, so (i talk for myself) there's no need for the right stick to have this function.

what do you think?
eric
all controls are configurable, just change your keymapping... remove the following lines from keymap.xml from the global gamepad section:

Quote:<rightthumbstickleft>analogseekback</rightthumbstickleft>
<rightthumbstickright>analogseekforward</rightthumbstickright>

for more info on keymapping, check the following page in the manual:

http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p....2&v=4dw

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hi,

thanks for the answer! i was about to ask you if it was possible to add a function to a button with some parameters (see thread "right thumbstick click use") but i think i'll start by reading the keymap manual before.

thanks,
eric
see the manual on keymapping:
http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p....2&v=4dw

and, no you cannot jump into the filemanager at the current directory, but you can delete from the media windows... you need to enable "allow file deletion" from settings, and then delete item will appear on the context menu.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Right thumbstick click use0