• 1(current)
IMDB add on stopped working?
Up till now the imdb add on for scannig (so scrapper) for database has been working good, but today it has stoopeed.
It does not recognize new movies.
Does someone know why?

The tmdb scan works.

Help please
I know this doesnt help but i have the same problem

karpe
Likewise.

It seemed to be working fine yesterday, but now when I update my library, new files display when browsing in file mode, but when I try to get movie info, I get prompted to manually enter the movie title, it tries to query, but then just re-prompts for the title.

TMDB is still working for me also.
IMDb updated their layout today, thus breaking the scraper. It will be some time before it's remedied.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Bummer. Thanks for clearing that up.
Ooooh, crap!... I thought the problem was in a sort of my computer/XBMC configuration...
I deleted my libraries, uninstalled XBMC, reinstalled an old release... And the problem was all the time a new IMDB layout?... Sad
JM this should be posting in announcements to preclude a forest of messages.

Quote:IMDb updated their layout today, thus breaking the scraper. It will be some time before it's remedied.
So... is there a workaround?
I have "The Movie Database" add-n too, but I don't see any way to uninstall or disable IMDB.
The Uninstall button is grayed out on that one.
The work around is to make a file called "movie.nfo" and put just the IMDB link to the movie in the file with nothing else, put the file in the folder with your movie the scrapper still works that way, thats what Ive been doing until it gets updated/fixed.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Thanks for clearing it up. I hope that the add on will be remdied quickly, the other scrapper is not that good. Imdb is the best when movies are envolved.

wygit you dont have to uninstall the IMDB add on, or disable it. What you do is go to the file in the library where you keep your movies, go to its properties and there change the scrapper that it uses from IMDB to the MOVIORG scrapper and it will ask you do you want it to update entire library, you will say no, and it will only download information about new movies.
(2012-11-29, 08:18)ShadowTek Wrote: The work around is to make a file called "movie.nfo" and put just the IMDB link to the movie in the file with nothing else, put the file in the folder with your movie the scrapper still works that way, thats what Ive been doing until it gets updated/fixed.

It works great.
(2012-11-29, 10:18)natasa1111 Wrote: wygit you dont have to uninstall the IMDB add on, or disable it. What you do is go to the file in the library where you keep your movies, go to its properties and there change the scrapper that it uses from IMDB to the MOVIORG scrapper and it will ask you do you want it to update entire library, you will say no, and it will only download information about new movies.

Thanks very much, but one more thing. I've been searching help for a while trying to find out exactly where and how I change the scraper from IMDB to something else.
I'm not sure what "go to the file in the library where you keep your movies, go to its properties and there change the scrapper" means. I've been poking around menus for hours trying to find anything that will let me change the scraper.

I realize I'm just blindly missing it, but missing it I am.
How do we know when this is fixed wil a developer post it here or somewhere else ?
The workaround is to use The Moviedb scrapper. I've used it today for the first time and it actually works way faster then IMDB ever did.

Thanks very much, but one more thing. I've been searching help for a while trying to find out exactly where and how I change the scraper from IMDB to something else.
I'm not sure what "go to the file in the library where you keep your movies, go to its properties and there change the scrapper" means. I've been poking around menus for hours trying to find anything that will let me change the scraper.

I realize I'm just blindly missing it, but missing it I am.
[/quote]

1.First, when you are in XMBC you go to the Files section. In files section you can see the names of the folders in which you have your movies, that means where you store them.

2.Then you right clik mouse on the folder in which you want to change scraper, that means to remove IMDB, to some other.

3.When you right clicket some options will appear, and you go to "change content"

4.That will open the window in which you will have a coice of scrapper to download movie information- you will change it from IMDB to other offerd- but the others must be installed, i recomend the.movie.org crapper.

That is it.
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

About the other scrapper, i think it is faster but not better. The page is less used so the marks of individual movies are not realistick, and movie information is not complete- in that respect IMDb is much better.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB add on stopped working?1