Trying to fix a scraping problem, gets error
Hello

I looked through my xbmc.log and found a couple of movies that wasn't added to my library. I tried to fix this by creating a simple movie.nfo and putting it in the directory of the movie.

The content is set to Movies, The Movie Database and Movies are in separate folder..

movie.nfo:

<movie>
<title>Movie Title Here</title>
</movie>

Starting XBMC I get this in the log:

19:58:53 T:2962221888 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /media/mistik_shared/DVD-R/Movie Title Here/.actors

What does this mean?
That just means that path doesn't exist. You probably don't have a .actors directory under the movie.
Hmm OK. Can I prevent XBMC from looking after it?

The movie still isn't scraped though. I thought it would be scraped by the <title>, thus it should be found as I can find it by searching themoviedb.org.

All I can see now in xbmc.log after starting/updating is that ERROR on .actors, nothing about the movie itself.

I also tried removing movie.nfo and adding a movie_title_here.nfo with the themoviedb.org-link in it. Still nothing in xbmc.log.

(2012-11-28, 22:19)Novin Wrote: The movie still isn't scraped though. I thought it would be scraped by the <title>, thus it should be found as I can find it by searching themoviedb.org.

If the movie exists in themoviedb.org, in theory, you shouldn't even need an nfo file. Which movie is it?

That error should be benign. Can you post your debug log on xbmclogs.com and link to it?
Probably don't have Debug Log ging enabled.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Some examples of movies that I have problems getting into the library:

Allt Flyter
Bangkok Hilton
Pippi Volume 5

Here is my xbmc.log including debug:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=16119
According to the log, they're all in the database already and are being skipped or updated.
I just created dummy files in my Movies folder with the following names:
Allt Flyter.avi
Bangkok Hilton.avi
Pippi Volume 5.avi

Scanned for new content in my Movies folder and all three were added to my library. "Allt Flyter" was added as "The Swimsuit Issue", which is the English title of the original "Allt Flyter" (per themoviedb.org). Did not need to use any nfo files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to fix a scraping problem, gets error0