ODROID-X2 ( quad-core Exynos4412 + quad-core Mali-400)
Has anyone gotten theirs yet? Impressions?
I realize for XBMC its probably too early, but damn those specs are sweet for that price. I could seriously see myself using it as my desktop PC, if only it had a faster interface for I/O. USB2 is a bit slow, no sata or similar. Bring on USB3 or a sata port and I would take the jump.
(2013-01-10, 13:05)Vertigo Wrote: Has anyone gotten theirs yet? Impressions?
I realize for XBMC its probably too early, but damn those specs are sweet for that price. I could seriously see myself using it as my desktop PC, if only it had a faster interface for I/O. USB2 is a bit slow, no sata or similar. Bring on USB3 or a sata port and I would take the jump.

(2013-01-06, 03:56)davilla Wrote: ...

Droid-U2 is really slick, I'm running XBMC with experimental hw video decode and that box just flies but it's hardly a finished product that you can stick in the media room.

(2013-01-10, 13:05)Vertigo Wrote: Has anyone gotten theirs yet? Impressions?

Yes (i have the u2) and despite a loose HDMI cable and a 2 month wait ahead till I can have GPU acceleration under Ubuntu I am a very impressed and happy nerd. (Just installed it on very very large screen at work)

The HardKernel forum areas for the u2 and x2 are exploding so it's safe to say others have received theirs too. XBMC under droid ran very well despite the android underlying.

Running on real Linux now, few issues remain and progress is great thanks too all the hard work.. modified Linaro runs well including HDMI audio now)
Thanks for that.
Ill be running XBMC on the raspberry (once it arrives) for the time being, and then see what matures fastest, but I can already see the Pi being re purposed to a lawn sprinkler controller or something this summer. And unless it breaks tomorrow, it looks like I may have purchased my last x86 machine a few years ago Smile. Exciting times!
I think I'm going to pick one up soon to play with (U2). Is there another seller out there? Shipping is a bit pricey. Confused
Also is a fan/heatsink needed?
very interested in one of these as well. Seems like they could do a lot of different things; XBMC client, microserver, etc.
(2013-01-18, 19:06)Robgue Wrote: I think I'm going to pick one up soon to play with (U2). Is there another seller out there? Shipping is a bit pricey. Confused

A fan might not be needed, but a passive heatsink seems like a must. I doubt they designed that big mofo if it didnt need one at all.
(2013-01-18, 19:06)Robgue Wrote: I think I'm going to pick one up soon to play with (U2). Is there another seller out there? Shipping is a bit pricey. Confused

Unless I missed something, it comes with the heatsink that its pictured with...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID-X2 ( quad-core Exynos4412 + quad-core Mali-400)2