stuttering and choppy playback
bluray, I'll try TMT5 later but how can the problem be with my HTPC when it works in Eden using DirectSound but not in Frodo at all (DirectSound or WASAPI)?
I tried TMT5 and all plays perfectly! Frodo is still very choppy.

Does that help anyone determine what the problem with Frodo is?
Ok so if TMT5 plays the files then nothing is fundamentally wrong at the OS level.

Is Directsound still not working since you've reinstall Frodo?

See my thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Try Sections 4 & 6

Frodo RC1 is now available so maybe try with that as there's been a few AE fixes I believe, although no announcement yet on home page check the download area @ http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/

I managed to only get around this on my Revo 3700 by turning of adjust refresh rate to source, WASAPI hdmi audio, render method on Auto and turning off DTS-HD and Dolby Digital HD. Used to be ok before but not been a nightmare with Frodo it seems to not like 23.98 material at all. Also had to do a clean install and delete all the settings.
(2012-12-11, 18:22)jaja714 Wrote: bluray, I'll try TMT5 later but how can the problem be with my HTPC when it works in Eden using DirectSound but not in Frodo at all (DirectSound or WASAPI)?

(2012-12-11, 18:22)jaja714 Wrote: I tried TMT5 and all plays perfectly!

With all the updates and configurations, at least you proved with TMT5 that it didn't break your HTPC.....

We suggested to you just about every possible ways, and some suggestions have been repeated too. Since your PC is not very powerful and Frodo is not yet stable, maybe it is time to stick to the stable Eden to enjoy DTS-HD/TrueHD till Frodo become stable.....if you still want to use Frodo, you might have to give up certain options as Crystalgipsy suggested.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
jjd-uk,

In section 3 of http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911, I see recommended settings for certain avrs. I'm using a Denon AVR-591. Are there any settings that need to be made there? Also, I see mention that this could be an EDID issue. How do I troubleshoot this?

Regarding section 4, DirectSound doesn't work even after restarting xbmc. When using XBMC as the decoder, Frodo works but only with DirectSound and hardware accleration.

Regarding section 6, we've done this already twice. First, with a fresh install of Frodo after uninstalling Eden and then renaming it's entire userdata directory. Second with the portable install of Frodo. There is no need to keep repeating this step.

I am leaning toward an EDID issue.
(2012-12-12, 18:07)jaja714 Wrote: I am leaning toward an EDID issue.
If it is EDID, you should have the same issue with TMT5.....but you confirmed that everything works fine with TMT5....

(2012-12-12, 18:07)jaja714 Wrote: In section 3 of http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911, I see recommended settings for certain avrs. I'm using a Denon AVR-591. Are there any settings that need to be made there? Also, I see mention that this could be an EDID issue. How do I troubleshoot this?
Since TMT5 works that would seem to rule out an EDID issue.

I don't think the AVR will be at issue here, but since we've tried most other things the relevant settings on the Denon are in HDMI Setup and try selecting the following:

Auto Lip Sync - Off
HDMI Audio Out - Amp
HDMI Control - Off

(2012-12-12, 18:07)jaja714 Wrote: Regarding section 4, DirectSound doesn't work even after restarting xbmc. When using XBMC as the decoder, Frodo works but only with DirectSound and hardware accleration.
So you have Directsound working now with the HD Audio options unselected?

(2012-12-12, 18:07)jaja714 Wrote: Regarding section 6, we've done this already twice. First, with a fresh install of Frodo after uninstalling Eden and then renaming it's entire userdata directory. Second with the portable install of Frodo. There is no need to keep repeating this step.
You're quite right so sorry for that, been trying to help so many on here must have got confused on what had been tried.

It's looking increasingly likely you're going to need DDDamian's help on this one.
Hmmm... Are we certain that TMT5 is using WASAPI and not DirectSound?

FYI: I tried the most likely Samsung Plasma/Denon AVR EDID INF (applied to Generic PnP Monitor) but ... didn't fix WASAPI issues. Looking forward to DDDamian's help.
Have you tried what crystalgipsy suggested above in Post #34?

Just to give a bit more background, is this problem only seen with blu ray iso's? do you have any HD mkv's, if so how do these playback? or DVD iso's or other SD files, and again how do these playback?
Yes
(2012-12-13, 15:25)jjd-uk Wrote: Have you tried what crystalgipsy suggested above in Post #34?
yes ... no improvment
(2012-12-13, 15:25)jjd-uk Wrote: Just to give a bit more background, is this problem only seen with blu ray iso's? do you have any HD mkv's, if so how do these playback? or DVD iso's or other SD files, and again how do these playback?
The problem exists for both BluRay ISOs and HDTV .ts files. DVD ISOs play fine.

Have you try "High Performance" power option in Windows control panel? One of my PC need this option to playback blu-ray file fluently.....
(2012-12-14, 03:48)bluray Wrote: Have you try "High Performance" power option in Windows control panel? One of my PC need this option to playback blu-ray file fluently.....

Where is this option exactly? Also, TMT5 demonstrates that my PC plays Blu-Ray fine as does Eden and Frodo with Direct Sound.

(2012-12-14, 03:55)jaja714 Wrote:
(2012-12-14, 03:48)bluray Wrote: Have you try "High Performance" power option in Windows control panel? One of my PC need this option to playback blu-ray file fluently.....
Where is this option exactly?
Click START and type "power options" in search box to get to it...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stuttering and choppy playback0