HTPC Case and Build
Hello everyone. I'm looking to set up a HTPC, but I also want to use it as a Gaming PC. Does anyone out there know of a good looking case that isn't huge like a typical cpu tower that would work? I guess mainly one that could fit a full size video card in it.

Also what would you recommend for parts for this? I would like it to work for all the latest games at high setting if possible. I would also like to keep price down as much as possible. Do the new AMD APU processors work good for this if I add maybe an AMD 7770 or higher video card?

Thanks for your input.
so over 100 people have viewed my thread and i can't get any help?
What´s your budget?

Is this case to big for you? Bitfenix Prodigy
For "all the latest games at high setting if possible", an APU is not going to cut it. You will need a decent CPU (something like an i3-3220 or 2100) and a good video card.
In an attractive SFF tower check out the mATX FT03 or mITX FT03 mini by Silverstone, both able to hold fairly large GFX cards. Also Silverstone makes a variety of HTPC/AVR styled cases that will hold larger GFX cards. Some are even full ATX. I don't have anything from Silverstone but I've more or less decided on the GD05b for my next HTPC and the FT03 for my next desktop based on the reviews I can find, by all accounts they look to be nice quality cases.
funny thing is i ended up with the mITX FT03. Pretty cool case if you ask me. I put a Radeon 7970 into it.
That's a cool little case -- looks like something Darth Vader would have on his desk for an HTPC Wink.
Once again.. what´s your budget, noiselevel requirements asf ?

I3 3220 + Radeon HD 7950 is a very nice combo on a budget assuming you run Windows.

There are many aspects for what you´re looking for.

Cheers =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Case and Build0