Odd IMDB issue
I can no longer get any info for my movies in XBMC, i ran debug and checked the logs and when I found the part where it searches for the film the URL is wrong, for example:
It tries to parse http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt;q=film_title
If I try pasting that into a web browser it returns an IMDB search page asking for search input. I replaced the title of the film for generalisation's sake as it happens regardless of the film, even ones I've already added to my library if I try and refresh them.
So I tried removing the s=tt bit and now it produces expected results, why is this suddenly happening when I haven't changed a single setting since I last opened it? :\

Any ideas would be great Smile thanks
IMDB changed the way they display/process search results this morning. The IMDB scrapers will need to be updated to reflect the change in interface.

http://akas.imdb.com/help/show_leaf?find&ref_=fn_hlp

I suspect a new version of the scraper will be released before too long. In the meanwhile you can try to use another scraper temporarily.
Yea, I just figured that out after using Chrome's built in search and the same thing happened, thanks for giving me a reply though Smile
I just noticed that the Universal Scraper add-on has already been updated to include the IMDB changes. Awesome job by Team Olympia.
(2012-11-29, 08:08)ST77 Wrote: I just noticed that the Universal Scraper add-on has already been updated to include the IMDB changes. Awesome job by Team Olympia.

OK, the (movieFileName).nfo trick works, but it's kind of a kludge. How do you get XBMC to use the universal scraper? I added it, but XBMC is still bouncing on a "Get Movie Info" because its still trying to hit IMDB. (Unless I add the .nfo file)
(2012-11-29, 18:31)wygit Wrote: OK, the (movieFileName).nfo trick works, but it's kind of a kludge. How do you get XBMC to use the universal scraper? I added it, but XBMC is still bouncing on a "Get Movie Info" because its still trying to hit IMDB. (Unless I add the .nfo file)

If you go into the source directory by backing up to the file view and then go to options > edit source it comes to the same menu as when you first added the folder, proceed through the path and you get to choose which scraper you want to use.
Also thanks ST77 for posting that follow-up Smile
(2012-11-29, 19:38)xaero Wrote: If you go into the source directory by backing up to the file view and then go to options > edit source it comes to the same menu as when you first added the folder, proceed through the path and you get to choose which scraper you want to use.
Also thanks ST77 for posting that follow-up Smile

YEAY! THANK YOU! All is well in the world.

What I was missing (for anyone else having the same problem) was that you just have to re-add the same directory source that you already had, then just "OK'ing" your way through the rest, in order to get to the nifty dialog that lets you edit the scraper source.

The "proceed through the path" was messing me up. It's one of the hardest things in doing tech support, that people have different verbal descriptions of how they do the same thing.

Thanks again.
(2012-11-29, 19:52)wygit Wrote: YEAY! THANK YOU! All is well in the world.

What I was missing (for anyone else having the same problem) was that you just have to re-add the same directory source that you already had, then just "OK'ing" your way through the rest, in order to get to the nifty dialog that lets you edit the scraper source.

The "proceed through the path" was messing me up. It's one of the hardest things in doing tech support, that people have different verbal descriptions of how they do the same thing.

Thanks again.
Yea it happens a lot Smile glad you got it sorted though.
Edit: Also seems like there are a few bugs to be worked out with the updated IMDB scraper for Universal Scraper, as sometimes my films are being picked up as names of TV episodes instead.
(2012-11-29, 19:55)xaero Wrote: Edit: Also seems like there are a few bugs to be worked out with the updated IMDB scraper for Universal Scraper, as sometimes my films are being picked up as names of TV episodes instead.

I'm getting that too. I wiped one directory of movie info in the earlier screwup, and doing an update with Universal gave some... interesting... results.

It's not life or death... the movies are still there, and I'm sure it will all get sorted out eventually.

Thanks for your efforts everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd IMDB issue0