Pixel Ratio adjustments
Hey all,

I'm having an issue with one of my HTPC's (I have 3 in the house, plus desktop and laptops running it). I've already used this guide to do the common database among them all.

The problem is that my bedroom TV has a resolution of 1360x768, which needs a different pixel ratio than the rest of my 1080p/i displays. When I adjust the pixel ratio (to 1.2, I think) to make it look right on my bedroom display, and set that to "default for all movies", it changes it in the database to affect all my other clients.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? Is there a modification I can make to the advancedsettings.xml (local to each HTPC) that would affect this change to the one HTPC only? Tried to look through the wiki and the forum, but couldn't find anything specific to this.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Bump....anyone?
Calibrate your display in the bedroom rather than adjusting the pixel aspect ratio of each film?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-12-02, 00:56)jmarshall Wrote: Calibrate your display in the bedroom rather than adjusting the pixel aspect ratio of each film?

That worked a treat! Didn't even think of that since it was perfectly square in the calibration tool!

I set the pixel ratio adjustment in the calibration tool to 0.875 and it works the way I want it to, without affecting the other devices in the house.

Many thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pixel Ratio adjustments0