Win Removed from library, can't get it back?
So my external HDD that I use for movies, music and shows got disconnected. I was trying to watch a show and it wouldn't play. Like an idiot I went into the context menu and pressed "Remove from Library"

Now I can't get it back. I've tried clean up library, update library, etc. I've got nothing. I'm at a loss. Help! Sad
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Go into the context menu for your movie folder and select "Scan for new content" and see if it gets added back to your library.
Thanks!
Afraid not though, still not there. I did verify the files are still there, and I tried scanning for new content, updating the library, and removing the source/restarting/re-adding it. Nothing works.
On the Set Content page, what content type (TV shows, Movies, Music Videos) and which scraper do you have specified?
This has happened to me to... resolved it by actually removing the episode (In my case it was just one episode of a show) from the fileserver, then rescanning. I then exited XBMC and put the file back to the fileserver with a new name that still scraped correctly. (Just removed "DTS" from the filename in my case... keep episodename and season-info etc)
I then restarted XBMC and did a new scan. It did not show up at first, but after restarting XBMC again it was back in place...

Hope you can get it to work alsoSmile
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
(2012-12-01, 10:44)torcar Wrote: This has happened to me to... resolved it by actually removing the episode (In my case it was just one episode of a show) from the fileserver, then rescanning. I then exited XBMC and put the file back to the fileserver with a new name that still scraped correctly. (Just removed "DTS" from the filename in my case... keep episodename and season-info etc)
I then restarted XBMC and did a new scan. It did not show up at first, but after restarting XBMC again it was back in place...

Hope you can get it to work alsoSmile
Ah you are awesome. Moved the offending folder out of anything that XBMC looks in, started XBMC, scanned it. Closed XBMC, put files in exactly as they were (Didn't even need to rename) and voila, it works again. Strange bug, but you're the best for this.

(2012-12-01, 08:40)artrafael Wrote: On the Set Content page, what content type (TV shows, Movies, Music Videos) and which scraper do you have specified?
It was TV Shows, whatever XBMC's standard scraper is. Couldn't get back to the page to check, but I don't recall changing any of it.
Good to be able to help Wink
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removed from library, can't get it back?1