Win 2 Days & still scanning library?
Hi guys....

I'm seriously just perplexed about this now.

I installed XBMC on my main pc which contains all my data. Did this so as to setup upnp to my pi which plays movies without any hitch coz the smb way was buffering every 20 seconds.

So installed and then added all the paths to my data which is on the same pc. After setting up paths and allowing the libraries to update it is now day 2 and it is still updating the library and it's only done my SD movies. How can this be? Especially when the data is on the pc where XBMC was installed.

I don't know if ya'll need any other info to be able to assist me but just lemme know and I'll try to provide it.

You help is greatly appreciated
That's not normal. Do you know if that system has a reliable network connection while running XBMC? You can check on the System > System info > Network page and monitor it for several minutes to verify it constantly shows "Connected" and that the various fields have valid values displayed.

To get more diagnostic information about your problem, enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, launch a library scan and, if it's still going after a couple of hours, abort the update and exit from XBMC. Locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log), upload its contents to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the assign URL link to your uploaded log here with your reply. This will enable others to review your log for possible clues as to why the scan is taking so long.
If you're using imdb.com as a scraper (not default) then that might be the issue. It should simply just end without finding anything, but maybe IMDB broke in the middle of your scan or something weird like that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Days & still scanning library?0