file managment
I have XBMC on a Windows 7 box and my goal is to make it as easy as possible to add movies to my collection (easy enough that my wife will use it)! So far I found a script that automatically rips a disc when it's inserted (using makemkv) and then encodes it with handbrake. It will even name the file based on the disc's title (MOONRISE_KINGDOM) and move it to a folder.

What I would like is one step further. My current folder structure is M:\Movies\Movie Title (year)\Movie Title.m4v.

So instead of moving all of the new files to one folder, I would like to create a new folder for each movie and use the IMDB info for title (year) to name each folder.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
theRenamer is drag & drop easy, does create a folder with date of the cleaned up name from a db and will move the contents to a pre-defined folder. (FTW: click on the Fetch Paw to grab all files/folders from the assigned Fetch Folder ).

http://www.therenamer.com/wiki/index.html

Thanks for the link. I didn't like the whole drag n drop, but I was able to launch it with an event script anytime there's a new file. So now all I do is insert the disc and it rips, encodes, renames, and moves to my raid without any assistance. Now I just have to show my wife how to put a disc in Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
file managment0