• 6(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
(2013-02-01, 05:40)dysan911 Wrote: Can I just go back to Eden? OMG what a mess!> No matter what setting I choose. I get choppy playback and no sound. If I change a few settings I get perfect playback and Static
You need to check what's formats Windows shows as available for your audio device, see Section 3. Supported Formats, then make sure you've not got any formats selected amongst the "capable receiver" items that are not supported on your Windows install. The quick & simple test is to set Audio Output to Analog so XBMC does the decoding then set Speaker Configuration to 2.0 if connecting to a TV or 5.1 if connecting to an AVR, if this works then you'll have to start looking into what type of passthrough your system will support, also if set to WASAPI try setting to Directsound.
(2013-02-01, 02:14)hdtv Wrote: xbmc.log Link for the Log Smile
Please upload to Pastebin as requested

(2013-02-01, 00:56)stellarx Wrote: The only issue I'm currently having after adjusting the audio outputs (audio playing works fine now) is that I am unable to control the volume from HTPC keyboard or remote. We have to use the AVR remote to adjust the volume, but this only from XBMC. We can use the audio controls normally in all other applications.

This would not be an issue, but my girlfriend is adamant that she only have to use the keyboard controls to control volume and will have nothing of this new remote she will has to use.

Thanks for any help on this.

(2013-02-01, 04:07)DDDamian Wrote: @stellarx - if the audio is sent encoded (passthrough) there are no volume controls. That's what passthrough means - no decoding for volume adjustments or other processing. If you let XBMC decode you can use volume control.
As Damian has pointed out, XBMC can only adjust volume of audio it decodes it, the simplest way to do this is to set Audio Output to Analog however as causes all audio to be sent as LPCM then the number of channels supported will depend on the type of connection to the AVR, Digital SPDIF will only support LPCM 2.0 so only a HDMI will give you Multichannel LPCM 5.1/7.1.

(2013-01-31, 22:35)Atho Wrote:
Quote:
Quote:Ok so there's my pastebin : http://pastebin.com/fb6T8JtM

For my setup, I got a PC - AVR - TV setup.

My PC is a ASUS AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz with a Radeon HD 5550 and I use HDMI (PC to AVR to TV)

Hope this help
Please carry out the steps from Section 4 and answer the questions I asked

Well I would but as I said earlier, as soon as I change anything on the audio output setting everything freeze and the only thing I can to is to close XBMC with Crtl-Alt-Del

My current setting are (which can't be changed for now) :
Audio Output set to Analog
connection type set Directsound SPDIF digital output
"capable receiver" items are all disabled
Ah sorry forgot about the freezing issue, looks like you'll have to try and sort that out first. Does XBMC only freeze when you change audio settings? any other circumstances it happens? I can't see anything in that log that would cause a freeze but I'm not one of the dev's so I maybe missing something.

Something to try would be to remove all drivers from the PC (use guidelines in Section 1 for removing Realtek), reboot PC, then try installing only the AMD drivers for the HDMI device for XBMC audio then check audio operation, then only once you've established whether you now have a working system proceed to installing the HTO Striker device drivers which I'm guess is some sort of soundcard.

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem with audio on a bootcamped Mac Mini running windows 7.
I have all the drivers for the intelHD400 installed and also intel management engine.
In Device Manager DTS-HD is shown as supported format.

My Mac Mini is connected via HDMI to my AVR and from there via HDMI to my TV

But if I play an mkv with dts-hd (my AVR shows DTS-HD) in XMC only my front speker (L,C,R und subwoofer) work,
my rear speakers play no sound at all, if i turn off DTS-HD support in XMBC and
DTS-HD is played as DTS everything works).

Does anyone also have this problem or can shara a tip or solutions.

BR

Schimi

What speaker configuration do you have set?
Hi jjd-uk,

I have a 5.1 speaker configuration and in the windows configuration tool i can hear the test sound from every speaker.

BR

Schimi
Try 7.1, then if no change enable debug logging and play a file where you don't get the full channel mapping.
Deleted
Here is the Log:

Logfile
Please delete and copy to the Pastebin website then post the link it gives here
(2013-02-01, 21:50)Schimaski Wrote: Here is the Log:

Logfile
Thanks for doing that, it keeps things tidier posting the logs to Pastebin. I've had a quick look and there's some things I think I'll need to query with you, but since it's late Friday evening here & I've been on the beer my head isn't entirely straight so I'll try & take a more detailed look tomorrow if Damian or anyone else hasn't chipped in by then.
Beer is always a good thing to have on Friday night.

Take your time, i realy apreciate your help, sorry for eventual misspelling, but me too also had some of those nice beers Wink

Hoping you can help me Smile As soon as I start playing any HD audio the image stutters, and no sound is passed. If I disable "capable receiver" the same file plays correctly.

I've got...ASUS E35M1M_PRO/ paired up with Onkyo HT-X22HDX

Everything appears to be reporting correctly. I've un-installed the Realtek drivers. I've renamed the guise settings. I've turned off HDMI control. Updated my drivers and no luck.

I haven't got access to my HTPC atm, so can't create a log. But hoping that somebody can help me.

Request images are below:

Thanks in advance for anything anybody can help me with Smile

(2013-02-01, 23:43)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 21:50)Schimaski Wrote: Here is the Log:

Logfile
Thanks for doing that, it keeps things tidier posting the logs to Pastebin. I've had a quick look and there's some things I think I'll need to query with you, but since it's late Friday evening here & I've been on the beer my head isn't entirely straight so I'll try & take a more detailed look tomorrow if Damian or anyone else hasn't chipped in by then.

Just starting the beer lol. Audio-wise everything looks good here - both setting in Windows and log-file-wise. Only red flag is:
Code:
815.20:25:02 T:5008 WARNING: DXVA - decoder problem of status 2 with 255
816.20:25:22 T:4604 WARNING: Previous line repeats 91 times.

Try turning off DXVA or try another file.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10