• 46(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
Hm, that sounds not really great.
I'm wondering, why my TV can work with DD/DTS signals, while the avr is switched on an "TV only" mode.

I'll ask Panasonic directly, which formats are supported on hdmi input.

Thanks for your help! :-)
Kodi 19.3 Intel NUC7I3BNH [Kaby Lake i3-7100U/HD620 graphics] | Windows 10 - 21H2 [1920x1080/60Hz]
LG OLED65G19 | Yamaha V4A AV-Receiver
So I'm also trying to get DTS-MA to play back properly. Before, I always used directshow but I realized WASABI is necessary for DTS-MA

The problem I'm having though is that the setting doesn't seem to stick. It'll switch back to Directshow. It also keeps switching between my tv and avr. Not sure how to handle the latter

Any advice you guys can give?
It'll do that if the AVR is not on before you start XBMC.

XBMC only checks for valid audio devices when it is opened so all devices in the HDMI chain must be on at this time.
(2014-01-21, 14:47)coltonc18 Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 02:30)coltonc18 Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 13:07)jjd-uk Wrote: The log file seems to indicate a couple of thing, first that it's struggling to send AC3 and that there's some video sync issues.

For the movie Red 2, what does you AVR show? does it show AC3 at all? or does it show PCM?

First thing to try is rename your guisettings.xml file in your userdata to something like old-guisettings.xml (to keep it for backup purposes so you can easily switch back to it) then start XBMC and a new guisettings file will be created, this makes everything go back to default so enter your audio settings again leaving everything else at default then try playing something again.

My AVR just says CinemaDSP I think it is....I cant see where it would say AC3 or PCM on the screen when its playing...also I went to user data, and there was not a file the was labeled guisetting....so I couldnt try to fix it that wayHuh?

sorry to keep bothering you, is there something else I should try to try to get this to work? Last night, I even tried to downgrade the system to 11.0 which I use on my other media server, and I was having the exact same error, it would just stutter the audio as I watched, however if I hit esc and went into the something else with the movie playing in the background it would not stutter at all, but play fully the way its supposed to. Also on my AVR, I have a 7.2 speaker system going, and it shows the speakers on the AVR, and as it stutters on the screen, it does on the AVR as well, like the area showing all the speakers will flash off and on as the sound goes on and off on the movie

Were you able to figure out anything on this?

Thanks
(2014-02-21, 17:57)jjd-uk Wrote: It'll do that if the AVR is not on before you start XBMC.

XBMC only checks for valid audio devices when it is opened so all devices in the HDMI chain must be on at this time.

Hmm ok. I'll see if that's what is doing it. Likely when I turn off the TV with Xbmc still open?
Quick question. I'm suffering from the slow playback on select videos. I followed the directions, somewhat, to no avail. As of right now, I used to have Realtek Drivers, but I uninstalled them, deleted them, etc. My video card is an ATI Radeon HD 5770, so upon reboot, it automatically installed AMD Audio Drivers, which technically are from the company who makes my card, however, the options for the driver are terrible, zero support formats/codecs. I've searched the googles, where would I find compliant audio drivers for my card?

Additionally, under XBMC, I have nothing checked off under audio settings, except downmix, and the output/throughput are both set to WASAPI: AMD HDMI Output. I tried updating the drivers manually through the Windows Tool, but no change. This is the last step for my XBMC to be complete, any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!
Get your driver from the amd site.
And we need a [Debug log] .
Also tell us how you got your system connected.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2014-02-24, 00:21)TRaSH Wrote: Get your driver from the amd site.
And we need a [Debug log] .
Also tell us how you got your system connected.

I will do so now, I just read the directions on the first post and it strongly recommends against using the auto-obtain drivers provided by windows (even though they are AMD-created drivers), I tried searching the internet and the only thing I could find are Realtek ATI HDMI drivers and there are no audio driver downloads on the AMD website. I was wondering if anyone had any experience finding correct drivers.

Edit: Weird. I reinstalled the same AMD drivers (through Windows again), turned on debugging, tried to recreate the issue and... it worked. I did nothing else. I'll take it. Thanks!
I had lots of stuttering issues until I changed the screen resolution to the correct values. Even thought the screen was full picture. I used the PC monitor advanced settings to reduce the horizontal and vertical settings to 50% and 48% respectfully and have never had any further issues.
Intel has release a new set of drivers which worked for me and I have no more stuttering video problems with TrueHD and DTS- HD sound formats.(TrueHD and DTS-HD wasn't even showing before). I have intel NUC D34010WYB with win 8.1 with Yamaha RX-V673 receiver

"Sylvia_intel" reports that there's a brand new driver to address audio issues. This is for Windows. Please give it a try if you've been having pass-through or other audio issues:

https://communities.intel.com/message/225579#225579

Hope this works.
Hello. Is it possible to increse sound buffer size? I'm experiencing troubles with ARCAM RDAC connected through USB. I'm using WASAPI. I tried both XBMC and JRiver and I see that 50msec buffer is not good enough. I run Performance monitor and I can see some "Transfer errors/sec" errors for RDAC usb device when buffer length is 50 msec. But I can't specify that parameter for XMBC because audiosinkbufferdurationmsec parameter is not supported anymore. It's possible to change buffer length in JRiver and if length is 100msec RDAC plays perfect. But if I change buffer to 50 msec then I hear the same delays that I hear when I use XBMC. And I see these "Transfer errors/sec" spikes in Performance monitor for RDAC USB device. So, 100msec buffer will definitely makes sound better in my environment.

So, I know how to fix sound problem in my environment, but I can't do that because I can't set right buffer length in XBMC. Is there ANY way to do that?
Thank you.
(2014-02-28, 10:16)xbmcaudio Wrote: Hello. Is it possible to increse sound buffer size? I'm experiencing troubles with ARCAM RDAC connected through USB. I'm using WASAPI. I tried both XBMC and JRiver and I see that 50msec buffer is not good enough. I run Performance monitor and I can see some "Transfer errors/sec" errors for RDAC usb device when buffer length is 50 msec. But I can't specify that parameter for XMBC because audiosinkbufferdurationmsec parameter is not supported anymore. It's possible to change buffer length in JRiver and if length is 100msec RDAC plays perfect. But if I change buffer to 50 msec then I hear the same delays that I hear when I use XBMC. And I see these "Transfer errors/sec" spikes in Performance monitor for RDAC USB device. So, 100msec buffer will definitely makes sound better in my environment.

So, I know how to fix sound problem in my environment, but I can't do that because I can't set right buffer length in XBMC. Is there ANY way to do that?
Thank you.

At the moment there's nothing you can do.

If you can post your observations to this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170338&page=49

This will bring it to the attention of the audio devs and will get you a response as to whether anything can be done.
I've just got XBMC set up on my new htpc and I'm getting stutter issues when trying to play movies.

I've tried nearly every different setting combination I can in this thread but just can't get smooth playback. Playback works perfectly fine using MPC-HC so is obviously a config issue in XBMC.

I'm running windows 7 64bit on a core i3 3140 using Intel HD4400, 4GB of ram and latest drivers.

Video and audio is being passed via hdmi to my Pioneer VSX-527 which is capable of handling all the audio listed (DTS-HD etc.)

Now I'm unsure what to post up and don't want to spam the thread with screenshot after screenshot so if someone can let me know what they'd possibly need for a diagnosis I'll post them up.

Please help
(2014-03-01, 01:57)GTunney Wrote: I've just got XBMC set up on my new htpc and I'm getting stutter issues when trying to play movies.

I've tried nearly every different setting combination I can in this thread but just can't get smooth playback. Playback works perfectly fine using MPC-HC so is obviously a config issue in XBMC.

I'm running windows 7 64bit on a core i3 3140 using Intel HD4400, 4GB of ram and latest drivers.

Video and audio is being passed via hdmi to my Pioneer VSX-527 which is capable of handling all the audio listed (DTS-HD etc.)

Now I'm unsure what to post up and don't want to spam the thread with screenshot after screenshot so if someone can let me know what they'd possibly need for a diagnosis I'll post them up.

Please help

Similar to your other post, will need a debug log_file (wiki) of you playing a problem file, please also do separate log files for your two problems so it's easier to analyse each log.
Thanks jjd but this was a stupid error on my behalf.

Once correct audio settings were in place I has use full screen window enables rather than true full screen.

All sorted now :-)
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10