• 54(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
(2015-06-10, 12:06)Alcarimon Wrote: Hi,

I've a big problem: when i watch films, ramdom once, video frames and sometimes also audio, are not fluid as jerks. I tried to see film with VLC player and problems disappeard.
So i think that's the problem is KODI.
I also tried to change kodi and tv settings but nothing is changed.
I tried to change kodi version and also with 15 beta 1 nothing is changed

My HTPC: i5 - 4gb Ram ddr3 - Gforce 750 - Tv LG 65UB950V

Please someone can halp me!?? Ideas?

Tks

Roberto
provide a debug log (wiki)
tell us how your set is connected etc.

and please give people some time to react,
you don't need to bump it in less then a hour
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2015-06-10, 13:07)TRaSH Wrote: provide a debug log (wiki)
tell us how your set is connected etc.

and please give people some time to react,
you don't need to bump it in less then a hour

Ok tks!!!
Hi I am having an issue with a BluRay ISO file that has no audio and the video is stuttering. When I display the info of the file it toggles between Dolby trueHD 7.1 and DTS 5.1. Other MKV files with HD audio work fine.

PC is a HP Stream mini 200-010 running windows 8.1 stock with 4GB of RAM.

here is my log file: http://xbmclogs.com/pkm7oqm3j

Thanks..
Hello all,

I was running Gotham without any issues, but then upgraded to Kodi, and there is a freezing issue going on. I have all my movie files on the computer, and now when I am playing them there is a random freeze every now and then. The system won't crash or anything like I read some people were experiencing, it's just a slight freeze in video playback. Audio will continue on with no problems, and then it just catches back up after the freeze. I'm talking like a second or 2 freeze here, but this just started with the Kodi upgrade.

Here is a new log from a fresh install today. Everything is done correctly, per the wiki, as far as the audio setup,

http://xbmclogs.com/pa4qurhdg

I do have an individual post going on this as well, just trying to get new eyes on this to try to figure out and correct the issue.

Thanks
Hello,
I've been through some of the pages here and other topics regarding a stuttering issue I'm having.

Intro:
I was on older xbmc (guess it was Frodo). After some unrelated driver update I've had a really bad problem with my playback dropping to under 10 fps and audio was out of sync completely so I dug around, updated to latest build of kodi, tried to switch up my drivers, updated realteks only to find out that it was something related to Intels SSD software that affected my whole computer down to grub2 as a boot loader.

After I have fixed the constantly low fps I've got one problem that is still present. After I play local file or a stream, youtube or anything after a while the playback drops from 24 to 9.9. fps and image stutters just briefly. I've tried a few things but I do not understand what could cause this so I'm giving you a pastebin log catching this as well as my settings currently regarding video and audio. (my audio setup has an integrated audio from realtek through which I run headphones and microphone and it is my default device while Kodi is running on Asus Xonar which is connected to an external amp and speakers so no hdmi and both checkboxes for taking over are checked.)

I've got to say that I've been using xbmc and now kodi for quite a while and got most of my friend to start using it and I'd really like to continue enjoying this great ppiece of software you guys are making.

Any help would be appreciated.

Log:
http://pastebin.com/2FDmppBm

Settings:
http://imgur.com/dRXcZtu
http://imgur.com/TYFftFu
http://imgur.com/yz3kkFK
http://imgur.com/EEbAQiB
(2012-12-02, 14:54)jjd-uk Wrote: i. AVR issue (HDMI only)

Modern AVR with HDMI will usually support CEC (different manufactures have their own names for this) and the option to pass audio onto the HDMI out of the AVR, both of these can cause issues if enabled. If the of Sound - Playback devices in Windows reports the AVR then this should generally be ok, if however it reports the name of the TV then this is indication that something is not right.

Make sure all configuration is done with the AVR on and connected to the PC in order for Windows to properly detect the AVR, if you're not sure on the order things were powered up then reboot Windows while leaving Windows.

[...]

For Yamaha:

HDMI Control - Off
Audio Output - AMP

I have a Yamaha RX-V477/HTR-4067 and exactly this issue: In Window's "Playback Devices" list I normally only find the Philips FTV. The AVR seems to act transparently and pass on the TV's data.

Fortunately, I can bitstream DD+ via the Windows 10 Netflix app, but I cannot send 5.1 PCM to the AVR. Well, I could for the two times the AVR inexplicably appeared as a Playback Device. But normally, I just get this:

It is driving me crazy. I have the newest Intel HD Graphics driver installed on my Pipo X7S. I tried the receiver settings from the original post and some others I found online - to no avail. I tried a different HDMI port on the AVR and the TV (one without ARC). Nothing. I switched sound in AVR to AVR, not TV. I switched off sound in the TV. Toggled the CIC options in the TV. For the love of it, I cannot figure out how to have the AVR properly detected in the playback devices list. Any other ideas? Anybody got experience with the Yamaha RX-V477/HTR-4067?
Hi all,

Long term user, first time help needer.

Having trouble with HD passthrough audio. ill preface that there is no Video problems whatsoever.

SETUP

Windows 7 PC ---> Samsung AVR [via DisplayPort to HDMI] -----> Samsung TV [via HDMI]

AVR: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WTHOP19dise...5500W.html

AVR says it supports DTS-HD, TrueHD decoding. Does it not support Encoding then? That could be the reason for all of the below...

Intel Management Engine Interface driver is installed.
Intel Graphics Driver up to date.

What concerns me is that my sound driver shows as Intel Display. Does this mean that it is the audio from the TV that Windows / Kodi is seeing?

Playing a Bluray file I ripped with DTS-HD audio, I get no Sound with DTS-HD enabled receiver enabled in Kodi. Unclicking this gets 5.1 sound but I assume only DTS, not DTS-HD.

I get 5.1 surround playback on test files with AC3 and DTS - but would love to rip Blu collection and not lose any audio quality.

Apologies if this is not the correct/preferred log method:
http://pastebin.com/anKTMVcH
<iframe src="http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=anKTMVcH" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>

ALso, Monitor Asset Manager log excerpt:
CE audio data (formats supported)
LPCM 2-channel, 16/20/24 bit depths at 32/44/48/88/96 kHz
LPCM 8-channel, 16/20/24 bit depths at 32/44/48/88/96 kHz
AC-3 6-channel, 640k max. bit rate at 32/44/48 kHz
DTS 6-channel, 1536k max. bit rate at 32/44/48 kHz

CE speaker allocation data
Channel configuration.... 7.1
Front left/right......... Yes
Front LFE................ Yes
Front center............. Yes
Rear left/right.......... Yes
Rear center.............. No
Front left/right center.. No
Rear left/right center... Yes
Rear LFE................. No

Starting to worry that AVR does not support DTS-HD, True HD.
Friendly Bump.
@mfwilli: Looks like you are suffering like this guy:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2146334

Especially note the definition of Passthrough as per the FAQ. It does not mean "pass it through my TV set", it means "pass a separate feed through a different cable and don't mess with it"

Idea #1 - as that guy and I do, split your audio. Send the audio direct from PC to AMP. And use a separate lead to send video from PC to Screen.

Basically the screen is stripping out the 5.1 signal and only passing stereo on to your AMP.

OR Idea #2 - connect your cables to go PC -> AMP -> SCREEN. That way KODI will pass the audio signal to the amp for processing. And the amp will pass the image on to the screen to display.
@BatterPudding: mfwilli does have his cables connected pc > bluray avr/player combo > tv.

mfwilli, you don't have any issues with your connections. Everything you've connected is setup properly (I don't think the displayport to HDMI conversion is an issue, personally). The fact that you can play AC3 and DTS test files proves that you're passing through correctly.

Also, the Intel Display Audio device settings clearly show only DTS and DD supported, so you're not going to get HD audio out.

The issue is with your AVR. It's probably more accurate to call it a bluray player with some AVR capability. It will decode DTS-HD & TrueHD from the bluray disk, but it wont take in those formats to decode. This is common for that type of device. Your manual does make a bit of a reference to it in a note at the bottom of page 20, but I might be misreading that a bit.

I didn't read through any of the settings on the device, so I hope I haven't mislead you..

Sorry.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
(2015-10-30, 15:12)Jogee Wrote: @BatterPudding: mfwilli does have his cables connected pc > bluray avr/player combo > tv.

mfwilli, you don't have any issues with your connections. Everything you've connected is setup properly (I don't think the displayport to HDMI conversion is an issue, personally). The fact that you can play AC3 and DTS test files proves that you're passing through correctly.

Also, the Intel Display Audio device settings clearly show only DTS and DD supported, so you're not going to get HD audio out.

The issue is with your AVR. It's probably more accurate to call it a bluray player with some AVR capability. It will decode DTS-HD & TrueHD from the bluray disk, but it wont take in those formats to decode. This is common for that type of device. Your manual does make a bit of a reference to it in a note at the bottom of page 20, but I might be misreading that a bit.

I didn't read through any of the settings on the device, so I hope I haven't mislead you..

Sorry.

Thank you very much for the reply - BatterPudding as well.

Yes it is more accurate to say it is a Bluray player first, 'AVR' second. I did look in the manual and was pretty certain that it could only decode the audio types I'm looking for, not encode, just wanted to be certain I wasn't shooting myself in the foot.

Oh well, worse tragedies in the world than no HD audio (small-ish room). I'll have to look into an upgrade in the near future.
(2015-10-30, 15:12)Jogee Wrote: The issue is with your AVR. It's probably more accurate to call it a bluray player with some AVR capability. It will decode DTS-HD & TrueHD from the bluray disk, but it wont take in those formats to decode. This is common for that type of device. Your manual does make a bit of a reference to it in a note at the bottom of page 20, but I might be misreading that a bit.

I read it the same way.

(2015-10-30, 22:10)mfwilli Wrote: Oh well, worse tragedies in the world than no HD audio (small-ish room). I'll have to look into an upgrade in the near future.

While it would appear you AVR can't decode DTS-HD & TrueHD, it appears your AVR is capable of accepting 8 channel LPCM so you can get Kodi to decode these formats (instead of the AVR) to LPCM 7.1 and this will give you the HD audio exactly the same as if the AVR did the decoding. There's one cavet, Isengard can't decode the full DTS-HD 7.1, it can only decode the DTS 5.1 code, however the Jarvis version under development does include a full DTS-HD 7.1 decoder so it's coming soon. To get Kodi to do the decoding leave DTS-HD & TrueHD unselected as in your above screenshot, however set Number of Channels to 7.1.
(2015-11-01, 15:53)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2015-10-30, 15:12)Jogee Wrote: The issue is with your AVR. It's probably more accurate to call it a bluray player with some AVR capability. It will decode DTS-HD & TrueHD from the bluray disk, but it wont take in those formats to decode. This is common for that type of device. Your manual does make a bit of a reference to it in a note at the bottom of page 20, but I might be misreading that a bit.

I read it the same way.

(2015-10-30, 22:10)mfwilli Wrote: Oh well, worse tragedies in the world than no HD audio (small-ish room). I'll have to look into an upgrade in the near future.

While it would appear you AVR can't decode DTS-HD & TrueHD, it appears your AVR is capable of accepting 8 channel LPCM so you can get Kodi to decode these formats (instead of the AVR) to LPCM 7.1 and this will give you the HD audio exactly the same as if the AVR did the decoding. There's one cavet, Isengard can't decode the full DTS-HD 7.1, it can only decode the DTS 5.1 code, however the Jarvis version under development does include a full DTS-HD 7.1 decoder so it's coming soon. To get Kodi to do the decoding leave DTS-HD & TrueHD unselected as in your above screenshot, however set Number of Channels to 7.1.

Hmm. Interesting. I will give this a go when the time comes. Thanks alot!
Hi,

Heres hoping someone can help, I have tried everything I can think of, spent over 12 hours reading threads and trying everything.
No matter what I try I cannot get Audio over HDMI. HDMI audio works with VLC and windows sound test.
I have gone through jjd-uk’s information as best I can, still nothing.
I have been using Kodi Helix and Argus TV for a couple of years, when I first set it up I have difficulty getting audio to work over HDMI. Could not get it working with a Nvidia display card but eventual got it working with a AMD display card.
It was never that stable, Speaker was often muted on start-up, would not work if Windows or Display card had downloaded an update.
Stupidly I tried to activate my free Windows 10 upgrade.
After windows 10 upgrade Argus could not connect to core services, I managed to get it working by reinstalling Argus but it stopped working again after a reboot. Also could not get Audio on playback of recorded programs.
Tried to install Kodi Isengard, same problem, no audio. Rolled back to Windows 7, same problem, no audio. Restored my Macrium Reflect disk image, same problem, no audio.
The frustrating thing is that it has worked in the past, same hardware.

Tried upgrading the AMD drivers, bad move as it seems there is a known HDMI problem and so I have now reverted then back to earlier version.

Setup is as follows:
PC - Windows 7 pro 32 bit
Kodi Helix
Argus TV
Display Card - Asus (AMD Radeon) HD 6450
PC is connected to a Yamaha Receiver RX-A3000 via a HDMI cable
Yamaha Receiver is connected to a Panasonic TV - TX-37LZD800A via a HDMI cable

Relevant log file and screen shots are at links below:
Kodi Log
Windows 7 settings
Kodi Audio screenshot 1
Kodi Audio screenshot 2
Kodi Video screen shot
Kodi Audio Options

I have tried all the options under Audio in Kodi:
• Direct sound: HDMI
• Direct sound: default
• WASPI: default
• WASPI: HDMI
still no audio.

I am missing the “TrueHD” Encode format referred to in jjd-uk’s trouble shooting guide, not sure How I can get this installed.

I did have the Realtek High Definition Audio drivers installed (they were also installed when it was originally working) but have uninstalled from Programs and rebooted, still no audio.
I have tried uninstalling all drivers in the device manager under “Sound, video and game controllers”. They automatically reinstalled after re boot.

jjd-uk’s trouble shooting guide refers to XMBC Audio Output: Analog but I cannot find that in Kodi. It seems that the instructions were for an earlier version so perhaps this is no longer an option.

Under Section 3.i in jjd-uk’s trouble shooting guide a reference is made to
“For Yamaha:
HDMI Control - Off
Audio Output - AMP“
I am not sure where to look for these settings.
I could not follow the instructions referred to in section 3.ii.

What is so frustrating is that it used to work and HDMI works with other programs such as VLC.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10