XBMC not showing movies but does index
I recently added another hard drive in my desktop. I shuffled the files around so I removed the sources on my desktop and living room htpc, added both the movies and tv shows on the desktop without a hitch, added the tv shows to the htpc, and when I went to add the movies, it failed to display them. It scraped themoviedb just fine because Aeon has the correct number of movies indexed, displays genres, years, actors, etc. properly, but doesnt show the file itself. For instance, I simply click "Title" and normally it would display all the movie titles but nothing shows up. Just the "..."

Both the desktop and htpc are running Win7 Home Premium and I am sharing via SMB.

I tried rebooting
I tried cleaning the library
I tried a different skin
I can play the movies just fine in Windows movie player from the Homegroup
I renamed the shared folders to Movies 1 and started scraping and it was working so I stopped scanning. Some should have showed up but nothing did.
I rolled back to themoviedb add-on to 6.1 and nothing.

I am not sure what to do next. I dont quite want to export the library, uninstall xbmc, then reinstall it, then import it. But I may have too.

No settings were changed (that i know of) from when I removed the old sources and added the new ones which makes it that much more weird.

Any other ideas?
Do you happen to have something like "show watched only" turned on (it'll be in the menus on the left).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I checked that too and it was set to All Videos.

I dont know what the error was but I just exported it, uninstalled, re-installed, and imported my library and it is working properly now. Took a little while longer than I had planned but all is well.

Thanks for the help jmarshall.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not showing movies but does index0