OS X IMDB no longer an option?
Hello there,

I'm a total newbie at the forum, but I have loved my XBMC for quite some time now!

Alas IMDB is no longer being recognized as a valid scraper on my system, and as such, I'm not getting any movie information or recognition of new additions, when I add new material.

When I go to the setup bit for the ad-ons, it tells me that IMDB is broken, and no amount of rolling back to a previous version does anything. Basically, as a result of this, when I go to edit my main movie source, there are no options for movie scraping, since IMDB is 'broken'

Does anyone else have any ideas what's going on here? I'd be hugely grateful for any insight or indeed help! ('Upgrading' to Frodo had no effect...)

Cheers!
really...have you search the forum at all? I just finished posting the same comment to someone else that is asking the same thing as you...as for alternatives, use Universal Scraper.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Hi there and welcome to the forums.

There's been numerous threads about this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=IMDb+site...m.xbmc.org

Short answer is that the IMDb site layout has changed, in particular the search results are now quite a bit worse than they used to be.

Use TheMovieDB.org scraper or the Universal scraper.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi

When i use universal or any other scraper apart from imdb . i dont get a fanart pic from the folder the films in EXAMPLE (EVILDEAD MOVIE IS IN A FOLDER WHEN I CLICK THE FOLDER THE FANART IS IN THERE BUT WITH IMDB THE FANART AND COVER WAS THERE WHEN I HIGHLIGHT THE FOLDER } could someone please advise . thankyou
(2012-12-03, 14:16)lee1976 Wrote: Hi

When i use universal or any other scraper apart from imdb . i dont get a fanart pic from the folder the films in EXAMPLE (EVILDEAD MOVIE IS IN A FOLDER WHEN I CLICK THE FOLDER THE FANART IS IN THERE BUT WITH IMDB THE FANART AND COVER WAS THERE WHEN I HIGHLIGHT THE FOLDER } could someone please advise . thankyou

Please start a new thread for your unrelated topic rather than hijacking this one regarding the current unavailability of the IMDB scraper. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB no longer an option?0