Episode Lookup Error (Frodo)
Hello, I'm new to XBMC. I got everything setup with Frodo Beta 1 (now 2). I'm using MySQL to share my library and the symlink method to share my sources. I did this following the instructions from the wiki.

Everything works great, the movies and tv show episodes were found well - those that exist in the on-line sources, of course. However, when I added a new episode of The Big Bang Theory, while all other episodes were initially scraped okay, this appears in my log:

21:00:25 T:1156 ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode M:\TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory\Season 06\S06E09 The Parking Spot Escalation.mp4 online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.

Obviously, I can watch it via Videos -> Files and this info I scraped using EMM is there. (I came over from NPVR aka GBPVR and used EMM-r to scrape my metadata.)

As a small aside, I've noted that using the symlink method on Windows doesn't work for the rss.xml. XBMC keeps overwriting the link with an actual file with the default RSS link in it.
No episodeguide in the tvshow.nfo means nothing we can use to lookup the episode. This is almost always associated with tvshow.nfo files put there by some other app.

Refreshing the show and ignoring the local info will "fix" the problem for this episode, but it will hit again next episode unless you fix the tvshow.nfo.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for replying. I understand now, I think. XBMC is using my existing nfo files I generated for NPVR's use with Ember Media Manager. Now that I know what I'm looking for, I see there is a feature request with them to add the <episodeguide> tag.

I'll probably edit the tvshow.nfo's and add the tag it is looking for.

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.
No problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode Lookup Error (Frodo)0