Frodo Beta 2 Issues
Post any issues for Frodo Beta 2 here on windows.

EDIT: Include a debug log if you want anything fixed Wink
No subtitles.
(2012-12-03, 20:48)Optimator Wrote: No subtitles.

Useless bug report
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Screensaver using slideshow is not working since updating to beta 2. Worked fine in beta 1. Didn't make any other changes to system. Instead of slideshow it just goes to black for the screensaver.
(2012-12-03, 21:08)dpar Wrote: Screensaver using slideshow is not working since updating to beta 2. Worked fine in beta 1. Didn't make any other changes to system. Instead of slideshow it just goes to black for the screensaver.

You need to install the screensaver addon
A new screensaver addon? I already had screensaver working properly with beta 1, this isn't a new install of xbmc. It was working fine until I upgraded from beta 1 to beta 2.
(2012-12-04, 00:34)dpar Wrote: A new screensaver addon? I already had screensaver working properly with beta 1, this isn't a new install of xbmc. It was working fine until I upgraded from beta 1 to beta 2.

It was removed
Seeing extreme levels of fps while browsing menu's using Confluence, making animations and changes stutter - debug log here

http://pastebin.com/a4cA7a1G

Screen refresh set to 60Hz
Like the speed in some areas of XBMC and the new features/options but I've noticed some pretty nagging issues:

- movies or some of them are really laggy. Over 720p they are almost unplayable a lot of them. I'm trying to narrow down the details of the movie, codecs etc.
- still losing sound with no device detected errors. Tried changing sound provider etc. I'm trying to narrow this down.
- xbmc remote is not compatible. I don't want to run xbmc on my android, I like the old way but that android app has not seen updates and doesn't know anything about frodo.

These problems really impacted me and I had to go back to Eden release.The very odd movie chugs on Eden but nowhere near as many as Frodo

Questions about xbmc more importantly for Frodo..

- does it need codecs, natively can it play avi, mp4, mkv etc?
- what codec pack on windows do you recommend?
- should i increase to 8gb, will it make a difference?
- is there any sort of log for xbmc where we can see where thresholds are maybe being crossed (re: choppy movies)

I appreciate your efforts with XBMC it is still hands down the best thing out there.

If it helps this is my setup
dual core amd black edition 6400
nvidia 550 gtx - using hdmi connection to led
4gb of ram
windows 7
(2012-12-04, 00:40)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 00:34)dpar Wrote: A new screensaver addon? I already had screensaver working properly with beta 1, this isn't a new install of xbmc. It was working fine until I upgraded from beta 1 to beta 2.

It was removed

Ah didn't realize that they changed that. Thanks!
Newbie here, just installed XBMC Frodo and this is what i'm getting. Any help? Thanks

You have an AMD/ATI graphics card and are using their awesome drivers. Some have had success rolling back drivers, others have had it work by enabling XP compatibility mode.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

My TV posters (I think thats what its called, its the size/shape/orientation of a DVD cover) are all blank - not sure if there's an easy fix
Should audio prefered language work? (system/apparence/internaltional).

My audio preferred language is set to french, and XBMC gui is to english.

However movies in either .m2ts or blu-ray folder seem to go in favor of English, even if there is a french track. (ie. English is DTS-MA, french in AC-3), it pick english in most case for me.

Also, is there a way to reset the "set as default for all videos" back to default? I deleted my userdata before reporting this, but I did use that option.

Thanks
Not sure what's changed in Beta 2 that's causing this... but TubeToTV, which is a chrome plugin that sends Youtube videos to XBMC, now fails to work with Beta 2. I know it's not an issue with TubeToTV, since I had just sent several videos to XBMC successfully before installing Beta 2 over Beta 1 just now. Very annoying since I use this plugin a whole lot.
Uhmm... okay, I just tried playing a tv show and movie for the first time with Beta 2...it officially sucks hard. I couldn't play anything. It stutters to a halt. Can't play a single movie or show. All videos are mkv.

Ok... I see it's an issue with WASAPI audio. Was working fine with Beta 1. Lot of issues in Beta 2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Beta 2 Issues0