OS X 2009 Mac Mini does not play Bluray's without stutter
Hello all,

Just purchased a used 2009 Mac Mini and I'm looking to use it as a HTPC. So far it's working great with XBMC (Eden) for normal DVD rips but when I try to play a Bluray rip playback is very jerky. This Mac Mini has 8GB of RAM and also has the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor. I'm running 2 displays right now (one monitor and one HDTV) but I did try with only the HDTV connected and it made no difference. I have read on another forum that the Broadcom Crystal HD mini PCIe card has proven to help but I can't get firm advise if tha card will work with the 2009 mini. Any help here would be awesome...
xbmc.log
You mean streaming it?
Yes I did mean streaming bluray rips to it. Upon further investigation and internet searching I found that the 2009 mini is really not up to the challenge on high bit rate rips. I ended up replacing the 2009 mini with a mid 2011 mini with the AMD Radeon dedicated and it plays mu Blurays perfectly.

Many thanks...
I find that hard to believe. A 2009 MacMini should be more than enough to play back even the most demanding bluray rips.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2009 Mac Mini does not play Bluray's without stutter0