How? : Same series, different versions
Hi folks.

Quick question...

I'm scraping tv shows using TheTVDB.

Right now, I have a DVD version of a particular series.

And, I am in the process of getting a BluRay version of that series.

HOWEVER, there are some key differences between the two released sets... So I wish to keep BOTH.

Right now, one is in folder seriesname-dvd, the other is in folder seriesname-bluray.

However, if I scrape, I will likely get a combined set in my XBMC library view.

Is there some easy way that I can keep these two separated?
I could be wrong, but I think you can scrape both and only 1 directory will appear, but inside it there will be multiple versions of the files....You'll be able to see if it's the bluray version or the dvd version depending on your skin...

I could be wrong but I know from experience when I had copied files between drives and forgotten to delete them that 2 versions appeared.
(2012-12-04, 22:29)pisoj1 Wrote: I could be wrong, but I think you can scrape both and only 1 directory will appear, but inside it there will be multiple versions of the files....

... and that is exactly what I DON"T want to happen.

Since I have them in two separate Subdirectories, I would like to have them in my library separately as well.

Is there anyway to do this, BEFORE SCRAPING to try to ensure it will happen.

Or, (with over 200 episodes) will I need to modify each episodes NFO file?

Thanks.
Ahhh I see, well the best way I would say to do it would be renaming the show in the nfo files? Which yes would take a while for 200 episodes....BUT! What if you macro it?

Look up workspace macro pro. download the trial and make a macro, open all the nfo files in notepad++ and then make a macro which renames it how you like....something like this would work...

On your clipboard put what you want to call the show...ctrl+c that
Start macro
Highlight season name in notepad++
ctrl+v
ctrl+w (closes the window)
Stop macro (I suggest clicking stop as less likely to mess with anything in np++

Then put it on extreme speed and it'll be done in a few minutes... (also you will need to make it work with windows with similar names...it is a checkbox under the general settings)

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How? : Same series, different versions0