Win Can't get skin to display in library mode
Hello,

Going through some growing pains with XBMC here in general. I'm using the BackI wanted to rescan all my movies so I removed all the movies through the Back Row of XBMC. Now, I can't seem to get the movies to be shown in Library view at all. I've scoured the forum for help, but I don't know enough of the accepted terminology to narrow the search.

I go to the Movies expecting XBMC to go to the really nice formatted movie with thumbnail art and description of the movie like was there before I removed the movies to force the rescan. Basically, when I go into Movies or Library I see the imagine of a piece of film and three choices:

Files
Playlists
Video Add-Ons

Before, XBMC would show the movies right away. Now I have some stripped down version of my movie art and its just not the same feel at all.

I've been all over the skin and XBMC trying to figure out what I did but I can't look at it anymore without some expertise to guide me. I went to the Wiki page as well but there's just too much to know to resolve this problem for me.

In addition, when I go to the different possibilities within Back Row, I see a lot more than is in my downloaded skin which I also find strange.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello - lets see then....first lets see if it's skin related. Can you switch to the Confluence skin and let me know if you can see all the movies and their associated meta data (plot info and so on) using Confluence?
Ok just for the record, I did go back to the default Confluence skin and it still wasn't really setup properly.

Now for the good news. I again removed the Movies directory from XBMC and reloaded it again. Everything seems to have come back into line. I have no idea why, but I should at least accept that there is a bit of a neophyte working my efforts here.

So now that I've made progress, my next question. I saw a version of the skin I'd like to use. In particular it was the Movie Fanart Info View. However, I'm not sure how to get it or if its a matter of configuring the skin somehow. Again, the is my first real time fooling around with XBMC and the skins so I have some basic questions that I haven't really found the answers to in the documentation. Not saying they're not there, just that I couldn't find them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
That's great - I was just ruling out something in the skin settings as there is a setting in there that could have caused the issue you described. Now that you have your movies sucessfully scanned all you need to do to access the different views is to select them via the menu. You can access that menu from the video library by clicking (using a remote control or a keyboard) up,down, left or right depending on the view you're currently using. Then you should see the option to change views - you can cycle through all available ones in there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get skin to display in library mode0