Win XBMC PVR Sim - Available To Dowload
Thumbs Up 
Hi There,

XBMC PVR Sim is now ready for download.

XBMC PVR Sim (formerly called PVRDemoGen) is a utility to create realistic fake PVR data based upon various platforms, such as FreeView, FreeStat, Sky & Virgin Media.

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146527 for further information.

Steps to use....

WARNING - The app will delete your pvr.demo addon folder without asking.

1) Start Application
2) Select platform to base data on.
3) Select desired region
4) Select the path to XBMC's addons folder (this should be filled in automatically)
5) Clicking Grab will start the data grabbing process creating a version of the pvr.demo addon complete with data.
6) Run XBMC ensuring you have the pvr.demo addon selected (you may need to clear the epg data from settings to refresh and cached data)

Now for the download....

https://bitbucket.org/teamblackbolt/xbmc.../downloads

As usual if you encounter any problems or have any requested changes or addition features let me know.

Enjoy
Currently working on Ellipsis 1.3 Updates. Update Requests Here.
Ellipsis for XBMC 1.2.1 Click here to download & for SVN details.
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | Facebook.com/TeamBlackbolt1 | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Thanks.
Interested if any one else has started to use this tool yet? and any feedback on it? Let me know...
Not had the time myself but maybe moving this thread to Skin Development would help.
Trying it out right now. One suggestion... add an option to grab only 10 or 15 channels. It's grabbing since 20 minutes and is still not finished. Big Grin

Edit: Cancelling seems to work fine. Here are two other suggestions:

1. Your provided pvr version does not work. Since the latest pvr.demo is now included with Frodo beta 3, you might want to save your files directly to e.g. C:/Program Files (x86)/XBMC/addons/pvr.demo (or copy from there to the users addons first)... and don't overwrite anything else than PVRAddonDemoSettings.xml
2. Add some test streams like the twit.tv stream for every channel.

Had to copy some files manually but it seems to work now.
(2012-12-10, 22:13)`Black Wrote: Trying it out right now. One suggestion... add an option to grab only 10 or 15 channels. It's grabbing since 20 minutes and is still not finished. Big Grin

Edit: Cancelling seems to work fine. Here are two other suggestions:

1. Your provided pvr version does not work. Since the latest pvr.demo is now included with Frodo beta 3, you might want to save your files directly to e.g. C:/Program Files (x86)/XBMC/addons/pvr.demo (or copy from there to the users addons first)... and don't overwrite anything else than PVRAddonDemoSettings.xml
2. Add some test streams like the twit.tv stream for every channel.

Had to copy some files manually but it seems to work now.

Great input, was thinking mostly on those lines, nice to know the pvr.demo is now included in Frodo beta 3 so will make that change too. I was also thinking of supplying a preset mp3 & mov, which of course could be overridden by user. Expect version 1.1 soon Smile

Can this work with zap2it.com?(only source that matches my OTA antenna lineup), and possibly veetleguide.appspot.comShocked
I just was pointed to this tool today. Will use it this weekend to improve the PVR screens of Neon. Thx a bunch, seems like a VERY handy tool.
(2012-12-11, 01:38)EqUiNoX Wrote: Great input, was thinking mostly on those lines, nice to know the pvr.demo is now included in Frodo beta 3 so will make that change too. I was also thinking of supplying a preset mp3 & mov, which of course could be overridden by user. Expect version 1.1 soon Smile

I tried the addon but it is not working at the moment with Frodo final.
Any chance when you will be able to update the addon ?

I believe it will simplify skinning a lot.
@kibje - there is also a default pvr addon pvr.demo I believe - might be enough to get you started? I think if you just enable pvr you can then choose this addon as your pvr client and that will give you the basics...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2013-02-25, 04:34)bossanova808 Wrote: @kibje - there is also a default pvr addon pvr.demo I believe - might be enough to get you started? I think if you just enable pvr you can then choose this addon as your pvr client and that will give you the basics...

Yeah, I tried that, but then the PVR screens in Neon look fine to me. The problem is that I don't use PVR at all, so it is hard to image 'what it will look like'.
It would be excellent if Team-XBMC would integrate this program into the pvr.demo addon, so skinners would have something tangible to work with.
The default demo only shows some "demo item 1", "demo item 2" etc. Everything is the same size so it is hard to see the issues which I presume crop up when you have long texts or long descriptions etc.

Bossanova, If you could provide some screenshots , highlight the issues you have with the screens and post them in the Neon thread I would have something to work with.
@kibje
The purpose of this utility is to create fake-real data. Its not a addon.
Assuming that you have enabled the "PVR Demo Client" from XBMC addons system and you have run the utility to get the real-fake data, next you have to copy the contains of the real-fake data folder to XBMC installation directory in addons>pvr.demo folder. In windows is in C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\pvr.demo.

The pvr.demo folder must have the following files:

Necessary files for the addon to work
- addon.xml
- XBMC_Demo_win32.dll

The file including the fake data
- PVRDemoAddonSettings.xml
By default XBMC installation puts there those "Demo TV Channel 1" data that you saw. After running PVR Sim utility that file will have the REAL-FAKE data so you can code the skin.

The Folder with Channels Logos
- A Folder called "ChannelImages"
Also a folder created by PVR Sim utility containing the channels logos if you want your layouts to have channels logos and you want to code it.

Keep in mind that if you update or install again XBMC you have to copy again the PVRDemoAddonSettings.xml and the "ChannelImages" folder to pvr.demo folder (C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\pvr.demo).or you can just delete every time the C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\pvr.demo folder and let XBMC get the data from the userdata pvr.demo addon folder.

Hope this helps and if need any more help just ask.

Cheers
Nessus
Nessus thanks for the help.

Obviously I knew what the purpose of the addon was, I explicitely stated that I wanted to use it to skin the PVR screens in Neon.

I ran the utility and it says it is completed but it is not working. It does not create fake data at all, the only thing it does is create an old pvr.demo folder in the %appdata%/XBMC/addons folder.
It does not put any fake content in that folder though, there are no images nor contents to PVRDemoAddonSettings.xml
I was fully aware of the fact that I would have to copy some files over, only there was nothing to copy.

I presume the program is failing for some reason or the other, but there is a lack of feedback. It just finishes within a second and says everything went ok.
Maybe it is because of windows 8 or some prerequirement I am missing. (I did run as administrator but same issue)
Hmm, I just noticed Equinox uses Windows 8 as well in his screenshots.

I just tried running it on a workstation @ work, but here it won't start at all.
(2013-02-24, 20:29)Kibje Wrote: I tried the addon but it is not working at the moment with Frodo final.
Any chance when you will be able to update the addon ?

I believe it will simplify skinning a lot.
Sorry but according to your post i've understand that you are talking about the utility as addon. Anyway if for some reason the utility is not working, you can use my fake data to work on the skin. Here is a copy. Just extract to the appropriate folder (look in my previous post) and you are good to go.

Cheers
Nessus
Nessus, you are right - my wording was not very correct in that post.

Thx a bunch for the upload, that will enable me to check my PVR screens a bit more in-depth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC PVR Sim - Available To Dowload1