Win Movie doesn't fit fullscreen until XBMC is minimized and restored
Hello,

I'm having a curious behaviour while trying to have movies occupy all the screen wide. My environment is a computer with 2 screens and XBMC launched in the secondary (TV through HDMI) using the following settings:

Display Mode = Full Screen #2
Resolution = 1920x1080p
Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen ( )

My test video is an AVI file with the following characteristics:

Width : 704 pixels
Height : 384 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9

When I play this video it doesn't fill all the wide of the screen (I have black borders at top, bottom, right and left of the screen). If I use the 'Z' key to see/change the zoom I don't get any mode that fills the wide of the screen. The info when in 'Normal' mode is the following:

Sizing (704,384) -> (1920,1047)
Zoom x1.00, AR 1.83:1, Pixel 1.00:1, VShift: 0.0
Screen resolution 1920x1080@50Hz

But, the strange behaviour is that, if I press the left mouse button in my keyboard, XBMC is minimized to the taskbar. If I click the XBMC icon in the taskbar (in my main display), XBMC is restored to fullscreen in my TV and the video fills all the width of it ;-) ... If I press the 'Z' key I can see that Screen resolution has changed to 1920x1080@60Hz.

What's happening? Is this the correct behaviour? How can I have the video to play filling the maximum wide of the screen without playing with the keyboard?

My system is Windows 7 x64 and I'm using XBMC 12.0-Beta 1 Git:20121127

Thank you.

PS1: I've tested Beta 2 Git:20121203-2ac9b12 with the same results.
PS2: This doesn't happen if I launch XBMC using Full Screen #1 (my monitor, 1680x1050). The movie only have bars at the top/bottom and fills the screen width.
Hello again,

No idea about this? If I get a debug log file it would help or have the information about whats happening?

Thanks.

EDIT: I've seen this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 about asking for help. Tomorrow I'll get all the information and paste here (debug log included). Sorry for asking without giving this information.
Hello,

Here is all the information you need to check/solve my problem.

I've started with a clean configuration and I've done the different steps to reproduce the problem in different minutes so you can follow them in the log file:

16:29 Launch XBMC, portable mode, full screen in my TV @ 1920x1080
16:30 Play de video file (see MediaInfo log). The video is centered in the screen. It doesn't fit the width of the screen
16:31 I "minimize" (hide) XBMC using the left trackpad/button of my Logitech K400 keyboard
16:32 I "maximize" (show) XMBC again clicking in the taskbar icon in my main desktop screen (not in the TV)
16:33 Stop playing and exit XBMC

I've found this "trick" to have the video maximized by casuality after clicking in the left button by error. It could be a temporary solution to have the video fully enlarged but for me is a problem because my desktop screen and PC are in a different room than my TV. They are connected using an HDMI cable through the wall and I'm using a radiofrequency keyboard. So, for maximizing I need to walk far from the sofa ;-)

I hope you find why the video is not fully enlarged when played.

Thanks.

1. XBMC Version

XBMC (12.0-BETA2 Git:20121203-2ac9b12)

2. Windows Version + patch level

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, build 7601, fully patched

3. CPU/Architecture

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 2.66GHz

4. RAM amount

8GB = 4 x 2GB DDR2-1066 Kingston @ 1066MHz

5. Video Card and Driver version

Sapphire HD 6450 1GB DDR3
AMD Catalyst 12.4

6. Sound Card and Driver version

Audio through HDMI (Sapphire) to Receiver

7. Other devices related to issue (tv, receiver, remote, etc - make/model)

Yamaha SR-301 Receiver

8. XBMC Revision (eg. 8.10 Atlantis or SVN 16733)

12.0-BETA2 Git:20121203-2ac9b12

9. Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)

16:29 Start XBMC
16:30 Play video file (it doesn't fit wide screen of TV; the video is centered)
16:31 Minimize XBMC (using left button in Logitech keyboard trackpad)
16:32 Maximize XBMC (click in XBMC taskbar icon in my desktop screen; video is maximized wide in TV)
16:33 Stop playing and exit

10. FULL Debug Log

http://pastebin.com/h2EwQWnz

11. MediaInfo output

http://pastebin.com/cwgDGRHT
Hi again,

I continue debugging this. I've tested the latest version (12.0-BETA2 Git:20121205-6555ade) on Windows 8 (Platform: Windows 8 64-bit, build 9200) + ATI Catalyst 12.10 on the same hardware (I've installed Windows 8 to a VHD file for testing) and it works.

The video is fully enlarged to the width of the screen. The only thing different is that I need to select 1920x1080i instead of 1920x1080p (as in Windows 7) to have XBMC fill all my TV screen (I have the same setting in Catalyst to Overscan 0% in this display and No Scale in the TV so 1:1 is used).

After that, I've tested again this version in Windows 7 and it failed ... why? Well, I've started to modify one by one the settings that I normally use with XBMC and I've found that the settings that does the trick is the following:

* Adjust display refresh rate to match video

In previous versions it was On/Off (so "true"/"false" in the guisettings.xml). I always used "true" in this setting.

Now, we can select "Off, Start/Stop, Always" (0, 2, 1 in the guissetings.xml). If I select START/STOP or ALWAYS then the video doesn't fill the width of the screen. If I let this setting in OFF then the video is properly played. I don't know why I started to have this setting activated (I remember it when I used the branch with HD audio before AudioEngine was added to main XBMC) so I don't know if this setting in OFF will cause problems in the future in other cases.

Any idea? tips? What do you use?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie doesn't fit fullscreen until XBMC is minimized and restored0