[SOLVED] HD Audio causes slow video with no sound on Frodo Beta 2
Just installed Frodo Beta 2. It looks great, but I am having an issue with the HD audio support.

Audio output is set to Directsound HDMI TV (chokes on all sound formats with WASAPI set) and when TrueHD and DTS-HD capable receiver are enabled, videos encoded with those formats step frame by frame in slow motion and no sound is heard.

My receiver does recognize the DTS-HD signal as noted by my on-screen display, but it flickers on and off with the frame advance. TrueHD isn't recognized as any audio signal (normally PCM is picked up if nothing else is output). For what it's worth, my receiver is a Yamaha RX-A1000. The video card is a Nvidia GT 430. System is Windows 7 64-bit, on an i7 w/ 8 GB RAM.

With the TrueHD and DTS-HD support disabled, the sound is output normally (along with proper video playback) and the receiver sees the DTS HD MA and DTS HD High Resolution audio as DTS; the TrueHD is recognized as PCM.

Any thoughts? I can post appropriate debug logs if needed.

TIA!
Hi,

I have the same issue usinag a Marantz PreAmplifier. This only appears for me when a Video File starts and changes the Refresh rate (so that is exactly matching to the frame Rate of the File). What I did is to set a pause (in my case 10secs) during refresh rate. After this it works for me. I use also W7 64Bit. Hardware is an Intel HD4000 Onboard GPU.

Regards,

S
HD Audio bitstreaming does not work with Directsound, if you want this then you need to use WASAPI.

If you can't get WASAPI to work take a look at my thread [Windows] How To Trouble Shoot Audio (from Frodo)

Also refer to to wiki Windows Settings for AudioEngine

A debug log will be needed if you need any further assistance as it would contain info on what Windows is reporting your PC is capable of.
Thanks, jjd-uk. After changing the HDMI control to OFF on my amplifier, that solved the problem. Interestingly, the TV is still listed as the output device, not the receiver, but it appears to work. WASAPI now works, as well as the high definition audio options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] HD Audio causes slow video with no sound on Frodo Beta 20