Adding videos to android app?
So I'm confused about how the Android app handles adding videos.

I can access local files and my desktop XBMC via upnp and play the videos, but I don't see how to add them to the library on my device. If I want to view the videos I have to navigate through the files in order to see them. Am I missing something here? In order to access my upnp videos I have to go videos>upnp location>video library>videos>title and then I can see and play the videos. Is there a way to get these to show up as "Movies" under the videos section on the main screen??
There's two ways to get movies with "metadata" (cover art, summaries, etc) onto XBMC, one is UPnP, which provides the data, the other way is to scan them into XBMC's local library: Adding videos to the library (wiki)

It's possible to get the UPnP option on the home screen if you can use a skin that supports custom home items/favorites.
(2012-12-06, 04:39)Ned Scott Wrote: There's two ways to get movies with "metadata" (cover art, summaries, etc) onto XBMC, one is UPnP, which provides the data, the other way is to scan them into XBMC's local library: Adding videos to the library (wiki)

It's possible to get the UPnP option on the home screen if you can use a skin that supports custom home items/favorites.

I see, I can only get 1 extra skin to show up, transparency, but it looks like it supports home screen favorites so it looks like I'm in good shape. Thanks!
upnp dosent work with cover art on my xbmc android so i use smb share which streams and shows cover art
(2012-12-07, 22:27)aenoch Wrote: upnp dosent work with cover art on my xbmc android so i use smb share which streams and shows cover art

It depends if it's a supported feature of your UPnP server. For example, XBMC has a built-in UPnP server that can be a UPnP source for another XBMC box, and supports this feature. I don't know off-hand of other UPnP servers that support metadata, but I do know that they exist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding videos to android app?0