Second Build Advice
So I am about to embark on my second mission to build my second HTPC (just built a budget AMD E350 a couple weeks back). In this one I want to go overkill for HTPC needs to give me a little extra oomph for the kids to do some big screen PC gaming.

So here is what I have, and hopefully some of you smart guys can fill in the blanks with me.

CPU AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D

Mobo (I think, but open to options) Mobo ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM (again I think this is the right choice, although I have read that maybe faster RAM would be a better choice for this CPU GPU combo) CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model

I will drop in the best SSD size/prize ratio I can get when I order. as well as a big drive for storage and eventually a blu ray burner

So of course I want thoughts on what I have already chose, but especially interested in case and PSU suggestions. from you guys.

What kind of PC gaming are you referring to? Do you want L4D level gaming? Or Crysis 2 maxed settings gaming? Smile
You'll have a powerful HTPC at the end, and your kids should be able to play some games on it.....

This might be the best case, PSU and heatsink for your powerful quad-core APU-

-SILVERSTONE Grandia Series GD05B
-SeaSonic S12II 380B 380W
-Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks everyone, yeah I am not looking for massive games on maxed settings. I would just like to be able to drive most of the newer games at a nice medium setting. the main gaming rigs will still be the plethora of consoles about the house Smile
Shadowace, please keep me posted on this HTPC because this is what I would like to build as well ... THanks
You might have more flexibility with something like a Intel G860 + discrete video card (HD6670 or such). I am not sure on price but on power draw they should be similar or, believe it or not, the Intel+dGPU (depending on which you get) might be better and you'll get better game play plus of course it'll do anything HTPC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Second Build Advice0