Req Use DVD order by default in TheTVDB scraper
Hi.. I have some tv show episodes named following the dvd order and not the aired one because i took them from the bd. If i scan the files and the aired order is different than the dvd order it takes the wrong names and if i try to enable "use dvd order" it doesn't only change the episode names but it also sorts my episodes as if they were ordered following the aired date so i can't match the episode with the right title...
The only way to "solve" this problem is manually rename the files following the aired order so with the enabled "use dvd order" option i will get the right episode name... But i don't want to rename the episodes to the wrong order to solve it.
Can the developers add an option that if it's enabled it simply consider the episodes already sorted in dvd order and only take the right names?
If you set the scraper to dvd order then it interprets s01e03.mkv as the 3rd episode in dvd order. It then looks up the 3rd episode in dvd order on thetvdb.com and assigns content based on that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-12-06, 01:15)jmarshall Wrote: If you set the scraper to dvd order then it interprets s01e03.mkv as the 3rd episode in dvd order. It then looks up the 3rd episode in dvd order on thetvdb.com and assigns content based on that.

I do a mistake it's not working like i told before but not even as you say if you put the name of the episode.
For example in firefly i have the episodes named like this:
Firefly - 1x01 - Serenity.mkv
Firefly - 1x02 - The Train Job.mkv
Firefly - 1x03 - Bushwhacked.mkv
Firefly - 1x04 - Shindig.mkv
Firefly - 1x05 - Safe.mkv
Firefly - 1x06 - Our Mrs. Reynolds.mkv
Firefly - 1x07 - Jaynestown.mkv
Firefly - 1x08 - Out of Gas.mkv
Firefly - 1x09 - Ariel.mkv
Firefly - 1x10 - War Stories.mkv
Firefly - 1x11 - Trash.mkv
Firefly - 1x12 - The Message.mkv
Firefly - 1x13 - Heart of Gold.mkv
Firefly - 1x14 - Objects in Space.mkv

And if i scan the episode with "use dvd folder" enable here's what i get:
Firefly - 1x01 - Serenity.mkv -> 1x11 - Serenity
Firefly - 1x02 - The Train Job.mkv -> 1x01 - The Train Job
Firefly - 1x03 - Bushwhacked.mkv -> 1x02 - Bushwhacked
Firefly - 1x04 - Shindig.mkv -> 1x06 - Shindig
Firefly - 1x05 - Safe.mkv -> 1x07 - Safe
Firefly - 1x06 - Our Mrs. Reynolds.mkv -> 1x03 - Our Mrs. Reynolds
Firefly - 1x07 - Jaynestown.mkv -> 1x04 - Jaynestown
Firefly - 1x08 - Out of Gas.mkv -> 1x05 - Out of Gas
Firefly - 1x09 - Ariel.mkv -> 1x08 - Ariel
Firefly - 1x10 - War Stories.mkv -> 1x09 - War Stories
Firefly - 1x11 - Trash.mkv -> 1x13 - Trash
Firefly - 1x12 - The Message.mkv -> 1x14 - The Message
Firefly - 1x13 - Heart of Gold.mkv -> 1x12 - Heart of Gold
Firefly - 1x14 - Objects in Space.mkv -> 1x10 - Objects in Space

There's another option in scraper settings: absolute order (I think) it worked for me.
(2012-12-06, 02:07)francovilar Wrote: There's another option in scraper settings: absolute order (I think) it worked for me.

But this works only with tv shows single season...
Firefly is a single season and you can choose the settings per show. Use a setting for firefly and another for the other shows. In file view you can change the setting for a single show.
(2012-12-06, 02:26)francovilar Wrote: Firefly is a single season and you can choose the settings per show. Use a setting for firefly and another for the other shows. In file view you can change the setting for a single show.

Sure but for other season the problem still stands, firefly it's just an example
I seriously can't get this to work either in Frodo nightly Dec-16.

I tried naming my files in the Aired By Order, then setting the Content to be Use DVD Order, and removed it and tried Use Absolute Order and it still didn't work.
I renamed all my files to the DVD Order and tried both settings (DVD Order and Absolute Order) removing from Library, then going back to edit the Content on each one before rescanning it into the library, and it always comes up as the Aired Order.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use DVD order by default in TheTVDB scraper0