Win Music Thumbnails lost after Frodo upgrade
Hi,

I recently discovered xbmc and installed few months ago Eden version. I took me several weeks then to clean-up my media library but at the end I could manage to have all artist and album thumbnails right and wonderfully displayed.

However, after my Frodo (beta 1 first, beta 2 now) upgrade I lost all those pretty little imaged I has spent so much time to configure (1500 albums, 500+ artists)

I think they are still there however 'cause I can see more than 500 files in userdata\thumbnails\Music\Artist folder.

I suppose I just did something wrong but if somebody could help me fixing this i would be very gratefull

Additionally it would help me explain my girlfriend why this software I spend too much time on (see says) is usefull ;-)

Thanks

oops, it seems I forgot mandatory info .. here it comes :

- Windows version : Windows 7 sp1 64bits
- 4 Go RAM
- Video Card : AMD Radeon HD 5730 / Pilot version 9.2
- XBMC Frodo Beta 2

- Well I think this is not a very complex issue nor a bug but if necessary I will add required info

Debug Log
Were you prompted that your music needed to be rescanned, and did you do so?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I had rescaned my music several times with no success.

I finally found a better (and more radical) way : I removed the entire userdata folder and after 15 mn config and 1 night scan, all came back as before.

I should have done that before bothering you guys

Thanks for your help anyway, and I really appreciate xbmc !

Is there a better way to do this? I have the same problem but would rather not scan all my series and movies anew. That would take forever.

Eden worked flawlessly but after upgrading to Frodo RC2 my music thumbnails from id3 tags have gone missing. if I try a new test userdata folder it works so it must be something because of the upgrade..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Thumbnails lost after Frodo upgrade0