Frodo - thumbnails path substituation
I've tried to read as much about this as possible in the few forum posts i've seen but still not sure I have a complete understanding of what these changes mean.

Currently I have 4 xbmc systems synced via mysql and doing path substitution to my nas (\\nas\xbmc\thumbnails). Whenever a show is added, xbmc gets an update library notification and then right info is downloaded and updated in my DB, so that it is identical across all my xbmc instances.

In the new world order, what happens? Since each xbmc instance is going to have its own thumbnails directory, does it mean i have to update the library for each of them to get the images? Am i basically storing the same dataset (thumbnails) across all 4 systems? I really like my setup right now and am hesitant to upgrade given this huge change in the way things sync.

Thanks.
You only need to update the library on one device for the thumbs to show up on all of them. The thumbs do get downloaded to each XBMC device, which is how it should be since accessing them over a network can cause major slow-downs (XBMC uses a cache, sort of similar to how browsers use a cache to speed things up). XBMC stores a url in the shared video DB so that each XBMC device downloads the same image for that particular piece of art.
Hey Ned,

How does this affect users with two mysql databases for two different xbmc settings? How does it know to send the thumbs to the right XBMC?

Thanks in andvance and this release is looking cool as hell. Great job guys!!!
You mean like via profiles? In that case, each profile has it's own thumbnail folder and such.
(2012-12-06, 18:15)Ned Scott Wrote: You mean like via profiles? In that case, each profile has it's own thumbnail folder and such.

Ned can you help me out with my problem with importing lib?
(2012-12-06, 18:22)Skank Wrote: Ned can you help me out with my problem with importing lib?

Certainly. Funny that you ask, as I'm just about to set up a test library to export in XBMC v11 and then try to import in v12. I'll let you know what I find out in a few minutes.
(2012-12-06, 18:15)Ned Scott Wrote: You mean like via profiles? In that case, each profile has it's own thumbnail folder and such.

Yes, Although those two Profiles would go to their own Mysql database.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo - thumbnails path substituation0