finally ditching cable.. here's my build... Your comments pleeeez :)
My requirements were to run xbmc and everything up to 1080p but I don't care about 3d so this seems like a pretty darn good little setup... I've built many computers in the past but always of the "Gaming Rig" variety so I have done a ton of research on the smaller form factor setup. I chose Mini-ITX over MicroATX for the smallest footprint possible in my entertainment centre in the living room.

Intel Core i3-3225 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor
ASRock B75M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard
Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Samsung 830 Series 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case
SeaSonic 360W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V Power Supply

(You can see the whole build here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r5Bc)

All that's missing is a good remote. I figure I'd use the android app for the first bit and keep researching remotes. There are so many ... anyone got any solid up to date suggestions I'm all ears...

CPU is overkill if you don't need 3D. An Intel G860 (or similar) will work just as well and only costs about $60.
4GB RAM should be sufficient so you can save about $15 there if you wish.
Your system should not consume more than 80W power so you may consider one of the fanless "pico" style PSU with power brick but you'll have to either modify that case or opt for an alternative case designed for such a PSU.

Remote depends on whether you want a "universal" style which controls everything or just something for XBMC.
If the former, get Logitech Harmony. If latter, I recommend a simple Mediagate GP-IR02BK.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
finally ditching cable.. here's my build... Your comments pleeeez :)0