Release - CU LRC Lyrics

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
manfeed Offline
Fan
Hi Ronie, when displaying a non-lrc lyrics obviously I have to move lines with arrow keys, but since now I don't see the next line coming I have a problem with empty lines... how could I make do so that empty lines get skipped? My goal is to make sure that with every keystroke you always get a line of true lyrics...

Thanks in advance for your help!
find quote
ronie Offline
Team-Kodi Member
i don't think there's a way to skip empty lines.

you probably can detect if a line is empty by using IsEmpty() / String.IsEmpty() (depending on your kodi version).
not sure if that would be useful to you...

Always read the Kodi online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find quote
elra Offline
Hello, if I want to change some keymap settings for when the Lyrics screen is up while playing music, what is the subsection in keyboard.xml? (for instance <Visualisation> when music is playing without the lyrics screen), thanks!

I also tried following the instructions of former posts, trying to get <z>XBMC.RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)</z> or variations to work in Visualisation (as that's the only subsection it works from right? I tried MusicOSD too) but I can't get it to work, can anyone clarify as to how the correct method is?
(This post was last modified: 2016-08-18 21:37 by elra.)
find quote
ronie Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2016-08-18 21:12)elra Wrote:  Hello, if I want to change some keymap settings for when the Lyrics screen is up while playing music, what is the subsection in keyboard.xml? (for instance <Visualisation> when music is playing without the lyrics screen), thanks!

i don't think that's possible. afaik kodi doesn't offer a way to modify keymappings for addon windows.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
elra Offline
(2016-08-18 21:36)ronie Wrote:  
(2016-08-18 21:12)elra Wrote:  Hello, if I want to change some keymap settings for when the Lyrics screen is up while playing music, what is the subsection in keyboard.xml? (for instance <Visualisation> when music is playing without the lyrics screen), thanks!

i don't think that's possible. afaik kodi doesn't offer a way to modify keymappings for addon windows.

Oh i see, no problem, any idea about starting the addon with a button shortcut? Thanks!
find quote
ronie Offline
Team-Kodi Member
RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)

find quote
elra Offline
(2016-08-18 22:50)ronie Wrote:  RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)

Thanks ronie got it to work!
find quote
bes3 Offline
hi,
thank for cu lrc. it works really well with an internet connected kodi box, auto magically downloading the lyrics, very very nice.

i'm trying to also use it on a non-internet connected kodi box, is there any reason cu lrc should not work, that it requires an internet connection?

i can't get local lookups to work... i've tried naming the .lrc and .txt files the exact same name as the .mp3 file and they are sitting right next to the mp3s . i've tried naming the lyrics files various other permutations, thinking it might have to match mp3 metadata instead of the filename but no luck, any ideas?

EDIT: Despite the CU LRC dialog that pops up that says: "CU LRC LYRICS: NO LYRICS FOUND!", the debug log shows that the lyric file was indeed found.

Code:
08:48:43 T:140086207969024   DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: Current Song: Indigo Girls - Least Complicated
08:48:43 T:140086207969024   DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: searching memory for lyrics
08:48:43 T:140086207969024   DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: found lyrics in memory

I will continue playing with it...

EDIT: SOLVED. For whatever reason, it would't work for me if the lyrics files were sitting alongside the music files. Instead I created a "lyrics" subfolder and set that in the prefs, and it now works.
(This post was last modified: 2016-08-23 23:28 by bes3.)
find quote