Question about Item View
I recently had to rebuild my library and upgrade to Frodo all at once, and I was pleasantly surprised to see my favorite skin available. I really love the look of Transparency and have gotten used to it, especially the "Item" view for movies. I like the border surrounding the movie poster, telling whether a movie is DVD, Blu Ray, etc.

My problem is that in the newer version, it doesn't seem to show all of my Blu Rays correctly. The ones in MKV format show up (correctly) as Blu Rays, but the ones using the Blu Ray folder format do not (they show up as DVDs with a yellow border).

Do you know if this would be an XBMC Frodo issue, or a Transparency issue? Come to think of it, it might be a Frodo issue worth looking into on another forum, figured I'd try here first because it was because of the awesome "Item" view that I even noticed.

Thanks!
yellow case means undetermined, and this will happen for every dvd / blu-ray folder.
xbmc doesn't check the resolution those video files when they're added to the library,
so the skin can't tell if it's dvd or blu-ray.

if you play the file for a few seconds, you'll notice the resolution info will be picked up
and the correct case should be shown in the skin.

alternatively, adding a .nfo file with the correct data in the streamdetails field may also work.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Really? I didn't play more than about 10% of my library but in Eden it seemed to scrape/scan/whatever and correctly tag all the movies I have using the Blu Ray folder structure and MKV formats. ISOs (like for 3D movies) would have to be played for XBMC to [correctly] recognize the movie as a Blu Ray, sure, but everything else seemed to work automagically (which I loved!). I'll look into what something like Media Center Master might be able to do for me in the way of automating the creation of .nfos files (I nearly refuse to do it myself manually for a library of a few hundred movies). I guess I'm just so used to it just working without much effort, I'd like to get back to that if I can Smile

Forgive me, but is there a solution that doesn't involve opening every movie, or the .nfo file route? The .nfo route wouldn't be so bad, I suppose, once I catch up with my current library then adding new movies would be pretty simple. Do you know if this is something that changed from Eden to Frodo?

i'm not aware of any changes and afaik it's always been like this.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about Item View0