[ANSWERED] [OS X] Frodo Beta 1: Thumbnail caching and syncing
I have been looking at the XBMC Wiki for HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries/Sync thumbails and fanart. There is the following note in the Wiki page:
Code:
FUTURE FRODO FEATURE:  
Skip this step entirely if you are using XBMC v12 "Frodo". Frodo will automatically take care of thumbnail caching on each client for you and keep them in sync.

Can someone please explain to me how this feature works. I have XBMC setup on three different systems, using Frodo Beta 1. It sounds like XBMC Frodo will take care of keeping the thumbnails sync'd across all three of my systems running XBMC Frodo.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
Basically you remove path subs and XBMC uses the local thumbnails cache (which is much faster), but is able to download art on all XBMC boxes (where before it would only download art on the box doing the library update/scan), and it stores the URL for the art in the video database which will keep the art in sync.
(2012-12-06, 18:28)Ned Scott Wrote: Basically you remove path subs and XBMC uses the local thumbnails cache (which is much faster), but is able to download art on all XBMC boxes (where before it would only download art on the box doing the library update/scan), and it stores the URL for the art in the video database which will keep the art in sync.

So by using MySQL to store my video library this allows XBMC to be able to keep all machines, running the same XBMC Frodo client, to have their thumbnails sync'd.
Mac OS 10.12.5
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
Correct
I do have another question about re-importing with regard to all machines running the XBMC client. Let's say that I need to rebuild my video library again. I drop MyVideos from MySQL, delete the textures database and thunmb cache. At the same time I go to everyother machine running XBMC and delete the textures database and delete the thumbnail cache. I then use one of the clients on one machine and re-import my video library. On that machine the textures database and thumbnail cache is re-generated. So when I go to run XBMC on the other machines, the textures database will be regenerated when XBMC starts or when the user is looking through the video library entries on the TV screen?
Mac OS 10.12.5
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
It should do that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANSWERED] [OS X] Frodo Beta 1: Thumbnail caching and syncing 0