Overscan issue - but only during playback
Hi,

Had an XBMC system for ages, I think it's running on top of ubuntu 11.10 now, although not 100% on when I last updated it. Probably when I upgraded to Eden whenever that came out. It's a Zotac ION board underneath. Either way, it's been working fine for years.

Anyway, nvidia's powermizer was doing my head in and I finally decided to do something about it - but nothing I'd tried seemed to be working so I thought I'd update the nvidia driver to see if that helped. I did so, installing the latest 310.19 version and rebooted. Overscan was immediately wrong so I went into the XBMC's system settings and reconfigured it. All appeared well.

Except now, when I play videos, it's like I hadn't made a change to the overscan settings. The OSDs are slightly offscreen, as is the video (I can tell because the BBC logo on get_iplayer'd content is cut off. Changing zoom settings to a custom zoom (0.96) brings the video back OK but not the OSD.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Hi
when playing the video thats not lining up, bring up the osd and then video options~calibrate screen set the screen to the video then "save for all videos"
You may have to do it a few times for different formats been a while so not sure if it was need for all formats/res
Also on my samsung tv I had to set the screen ratio to "Just Scan" rather than 6:9 as every now and then when the system locked up or was rebooted I had to do it all again Smile
Ah, brilliant. That worked.

It's always so long between setting up XBMC stuff that I forget how to do things!

Thanks so much. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overscan issue - but only during playback0