Help With External Player (Daemon Tools)
Hi All,

I need some help with setting up an external player for XBMC for Bluray ISO's only. I have read the External Player thread written by 'Bluray' but with no luck. In 'Blurays' thread he is using Virtual Clone Drive (VCD) but unfortunately VCD does not mount from a NAS in Windows 8. So i am having to use Daemon Tools which does mount from a NAS in Win8 but i cannot get the code right to ensure the files play.

Please see my code below. Any help would be appreciated.

playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\dtlite.exe" -mount dt, 0, %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" E:

Thanks guys
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
If you just want ISO to playback using external player, you can use this rule (<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>) instead....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-12-08, 22:38)bluray Wrote: If you just want ISO to playback using external player, you can use this rule (<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>) instead....

Thanks bluray. So do you mean my playercorefactory.xml should look like this:-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</players>
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
(2012-12-08, 22:46)Lister of Smeg Wrote:
(2012-12-08, 22:38)bluray Wrote: If you just want ISO to playback using external player, you can use this rule (<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>) instead....

Thanks bluray. So do you mean my playercorefactory.xml should look like this:-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</players>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks
It should look like below-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2012-12-08, 22:12)Lister of Smeg Wrote: I need some help with setting up an external player for XBMC for Bluray ISO's only. I have read the External Player thread written by 'Bluray' but with no luck. In 'Blurays' thread he is using Virtual Clone Drive (VCD) but unfortunately VCD does not mount from a NAS in Windows 8.
When you try to mount ISO over network, did you enable "Buffered I/O" on VCD?

(2012-12-09, 03:57)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-08, 22:12)Lister of Smeg Wrote: I need some help with setting up an external player for XBMC for Bluray ISO's only. I have read the External Player thread written by 'Bluray' but with no luck. In 'Blurays' thread he is using Virtual Clone Drive (VCD) but unfortunately VCD does not mount from a NAS in Windows 8.

No i haven't tried that. Let me give it a go. I will report back

No good. Still get a BSOD. I think its a known issue with VCD and i don't think they are updating it anymore Sad

So the switch to Daemon Tools i think its enevitable
HTPC specs:
As an additional piece of info, if i select my bluray iso and click 'open with', then select my PlayISO.bat then the file will play correctly in PowerDVD.

So there must be something wrong with my Playercorefactory.xml. Thats my thoughts.

When trying to play a file through XBMC it appears to be trying to play the ISO directly through XBMC without even looking for the external player.
HTPC specs:
(2012-12-09, 14:41)Lister of Smeg Wrote: As an additional piece of info, if i select my bluray iso and click 'open with', then select my PlayISO.bat then the file will play correctly in PowerDVD.

So there must be something wrong with my Playercorefactory.xml. Thats my thoughts.

When trying to play a file through XBMC it appears to be trying to play the ISO directly through XBMC without even looking for the external player.
To avoid file related issue, can you download the files below? Then save both files in (C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder-

playercorefactory.xml

playiso.bat

(2012-12-09, 14:20)Lister of Smeg Wrote:

No good. Still get a BSOD. I think its a known issue with VCD and i don't think they are updating it anymore Sad

That is weird.....I tried it yesterday, and VCD worked fine over my network. Another guy in external player thread got VCD to mount and work fine w/ his NAS too.....

(2012-12-09, 17:45)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 14:41)Lister of Smeg Wrote: As an additional piece of info, if i select my bluray iso and click 'open with', then select my PlayISO.bat then the file will play correctly in PowerDVD.

To avoid file related issue, can you download the files below? Then save both files in (C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder-

playercorefactory.xml

playiso.bat

(2012-12-09, 14:20)Lister of Smeg Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 03:57)bluray Wrote: When you try to mount ISO over network, did you enable "Buffered I/O" on VCD?

That is weird.....I tried it yesterday, and VCD worked fine over my network. Another guy in external player thread got VCD to mount and work fine w/ his NAS too.....

I think the BSOD is windows 8 related. I think it works fine with Windows 7

Copied your files bluray and still the same issue.

XBMC is still playing the ISO file using the internal 'dvd_player'

The .bat file works perfectly on its own but not within XBMC.

Here is a debug log if that helps - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngkkbzdpa85kd0g/xbmc.log
HTPC specs:
Any Dev's have any clue as to what my issue is based on my debug log?

Any help would be appritiated.

Thanks
HTPC specs:
(2012-12-10, 12:27)Lister of Smeg Wrote: Any Dev's have any clue as to what my issue is based on my debug log?

Thanks
Too bad, I don't have Windows 8 to try it for you.......
(2012-12-10, 20:13)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 12:27)Lister of Smeg Wrote: Any Dev's have any clue as to what my issue is based on my debug log?

Thanks
Too bad, I don't have Windows 8 to try it for you.......

No worries bluray. Thanks for your help anyway Smile
HTPC specs:
Lister, I have the same problem. Still no solution.

This is my batch file.

"C:\Program Files\Daemon Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0,"%1"
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" G:
"C:\Program Files\Daemon Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0

I've tried a number of variations around the %1. With quotes, without. No space after the comma, with a space. Nothing works. I do get the error "mount switch syntax error".

If I put the file location in place of the %1 it works, so it is definitely the way it is handling the file location. Wondering if this is args relate from playercorefactory around the {1}.

Sucks that VCD doesn't work in Win8. Maybe alcohol will be my next stop.
(2012-12-13, 13:05)Lumpee Wrote: Lister, I have the same problem. Still no solution.

This is my batch file.

"C:\Program Files\Daemon Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0,"%1"
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" G:
"C:\Program Files\Daemon Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0

I've tried a number of variations around the %1. With quotes, without. No space after the comma, with a space. Nothing works. I do get the error "mount switch syntax error".

If I put the file location in place of the %1 it works, so it is definitely the way it is handling the file location. Wondering if this is args relate from playercorefactory around the {1}.

Sucks that VCD doesn't work in Win8. Maybe alcohol will be my next stop.

Yeah i have the exact same issue Lumpee. Like you say, i think its related to the path.

As a workaround i have put the path within the batch file and created a batch file for each of my bluray iso files. I am just double clicking the batch files to play them....

It would be nice if VCD would be updated to work properly with Windows 8 though Sad
HTPC specs:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help With External Player (Daemon Tools)0